• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does ComicLink actually work?

24 posts in this topic

I thought I bought a book on their website back at the beginning of the month. The book hasn't arrived yet, and checking my statement it looks like I haven't been charged for it yet either. It's still in my account under the Orders Confirmed section. How do I get this processed so that I can get this thing moving towards my direction?

I see an "Inform" section but since it doesn't look like I've actually paid for this yet how do I go about getting it back on track?

Was planning on doing that in the morning. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to usher it along through their confusing site.

It's been marked "Reserved" so I'm assuming it's mine. First time using the site and I'm completely lost on how the "For Sale" section works.

Sometimes it takes a while. The consignor usually has to ship the book to Clink and not all of them are prompt or even in this country. A phone call is your next step after 30 days. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Clink usually doesn't charge your account until they ship the book.....

The listing said it was still available. I placed my order and it took a couple of days to get "confirmed". My account shows the details under orders confirmed and it says that the item is reserved for me.

So the seller has to ship to clink first then they ship to me even if the book is just listed in the for sale section and not the auctions?

So the seller has to ship to clink first then they ship to me even if the book is just listed in the for sale section and not the auctions?

Yes.

And if you're concerned you should call Clink in the morning.

The listing said it was still available. I placed my order and it took a couple of days to get "confirmed". My account shows the details under orders confirmed and it says that the item is reserved for me.

I don't think Clink knows if the book is truly available or not. How can they ? Anybody can list a book on Comiclink. You 'buy' it, Clink takes your order. Clink notifies the seller. If the seller doesn't respond or doesn't send the book nothing happens.

Yes.

And if you're concerned you should call Clink in the morning.

...that was Comiclink's angle in the beginning..... basically an escrow service that protected a buyer from encountering a seller who "takes the money and runs...." GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

How does ComicLink actually work?

CLINK works three ways...

...slowy

...poorly

...not at all

:D

I think CLINK would do itself a service by stating the sales model they are using on their sales page. Unless you read into the T&Cs you dont know that the books arent in hand for purchase and shipping (from CLink)

My experience with Clink is:

1. Make an offer.

2. They accept an offer.

3. You tell them you will pay via CC or Paypal.

4. They change the offer and try to charge you more based on your payment method.

I can't say that I won't do business with Clink, but coming at me with 3% after a deal has been made on a $1350 item is about as amateur as it gets. If I want that kind of treatment, I'll go to a used car lot.

I know they have a nickle-and-dime clause for a buyer's premium in their user agreement, but when you say "$1350" it means "$1350", not "oh by the way, it's really $1385 if you're paying by credit card".

My experiences with CLink have been positive and I have purchased lots of books from them. Yes, they are slower than just about everyone else around, but I always get my books, no problem. The 3% fee from using a CC or Paypal is stated at checkout before your offer is placed, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Pay by check and you pay no additional 3%. Also, customer service is very helpful and friendly, so I would just give them a call.

My experiences with CLink have been positive and I have purchased lots of books from them. Yes, they are slower than just about everyone else around, but I always get my books, no problem. The 3% fee from using a CC or Paypal is stated at checkout before your offer is placed, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Pay by check and you pay no additional 3%. Also, customer service is very helpful and friendly, so I would just give them a call.

Comic Link refers to their 3% as "The applicable buyer premium for this sale is an amount equal to 3% of the buy price -- therefore, the full purchase price is equal to 103% of the amount offered." It actually doesn't mention a credit card fee at all. So, you'll see what I have the opinion I have, because after they made the deal, they took a run at me for an extra $36. Which may not be a lot, but considering all the back-and-forth, being nickled-and-dimed at the end was pretty frustrating. I don't use checks and haven't for - like - 10 years. It's archaic, unsafe and I don't use them - along with a large percentage of the population.

Not to mention, they do not disclose the fee when discussing transactions via email.

Here what was said:

CLInk: "If you are willing to pay $1350 you have a deal"

Me: "if that $1350 covers any commissions/buyer premiums that I would have to pay, I will take it!"

Clink: "How will you be paying?"

Me: "I'd prefer to pay via Paypal, if possible."

Clink: "We don't take PayPal. If you pay by check or money order then there will be no buyers premium."

So, which is it? A buyers fee of 3% or a credit card fee of 3%? If there is a buyer's fee, why does it go away when I pay be check? Because it's not a buyers fee. It's a credit card fee that they gave a different name to to hide what it is. I was aware of a 3% fee - which is why I stipulated that I would take the item if the buyers fee/commission was included. And when someone says "If you're willing to pay $1350" that's the deal.

I walked away from it because that's not how I do business. You state a price, that's the price. Maybe I'm being stubborn about it - I can admit that. But it was definitely a frustrating experience.

Now the back and forth discussion you had with them does seem to be a little bit misleading, I will certainly give you that. I just mean that when you check out through their website it gives you a break-down of all the costs, including the 3% fee, so in that case it shouldn't be a surprise.

Maybe I have just gone through the whole process with CLink so many times now that I don't really think about it. All I am saying is that I have had good experiences with them several times over. But to each his own (thumbs u

Now the back and forth discussion you had with them does seem to be a little bit misleading, I will certainly give you that. I just mean that when you check out through their website it gives you a break-down of all the costs, including the 3% fee, so in that case it shouldn't be a surprise.

Maybe I have just gone through the whole process with CLink so many times now that I don't really think about it. All I am saying is that I have had good experiences with them several times over. But to each his own (thumbs u

Oh yeah, like most people - I'm sure the majority have had zero problems. My complaint was the variable 3% charge dependent on my method of payment after-the-fact. I was working with a bottom-line total and they were not. I am totally fine with negotiating fees upfront, because I can work it into what I am paying - when my mindset is ready to accept a price, coming back with a new number doesn't sit well with me, especially when you spring it at the end of the deal.

And like I said, I won't say I'll never deal with them. Chances are, they will have something I want in the future - and I will remember that I pay 3% on a buyer's premium and 6% if I use my credit card. I think.

Boy, they really need to change the wording to that policy.