• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much should I pay for a coverless FF #5?

13 posts in this topic

You'll need to know:

1. If the book is 100% complete.

2. Colour of paper.

3. Tape?

4. Rusting staples?

5. Writing?

6. Creasing?

7. A list of any other defects not mentioned above…

I sold a low grade complete copy for $480. I'd guess half that for a very nice coverless complete. A little less as you add defects like above. BUt it will never get less than $150 if complete. Maybe $100 if missing centerfold or back page or any other page.

Ed

You'll need to know:

1. If the book is 100% complete.

2. Colour of paper.

3. Tape?

4. Rusting staples?

5. Writing?

6. Creasing?

7. A list of any other defects not mentioned above…

thanks I'll write those down and ask him for pics as well

I sold a low grade complete copy for $480. I'd guess half that for a very nice coverless complete. A little less as you add defects like above. BUt it will never get less than $150 if complete. Maybe $100 if missing centerfold or back page or any other page.

Ed

thanks I think he mentioned a missing page and that's all

GPA reports two CGC-graded .5 (Poor) copies that sold in July 2014: one for $370 and the other for $287, noting it is incomplete.

So I would would say between $100 to $200, but not more than $200.

GPA reports two CGC-graded .5 (Poor) copies that sold in July 2014: one for $370 and the other for $287, noting it is incomplete.

So I would would say between $100 to $200, but not more than $200.

thanks I'll keep that in mind!

Earlier this year, I won a coverless FF 5 through a Heritage auction. It was complete and in decent shape, except for two small (1" or so) pieces of tape on an interior page. Won it for $125.

Link to Heritage auction

cool thanks for sharing,are the shipping charges expensive? because ai live in Canada so I don't know how much it would be!