• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 New Star Wars Comics from Marvel

17 posts in this topic

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Marvel Entertainment are extremely proud to announce the iconic Star Wars franchise will return to Marvel in 2015 with a line-up of three comic book titles chronicling the adventures of a galaxy far, far away. Beginning in January 2015, prepare for STAR WARS by writer Jason Aaron (Thor, Original Sin), artist John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men) and colorist Laura Martin, DARTH VADER by writer Kieron Gillen and artist Salvador Larroca and PRINCESS LEIA by writer Mark Waid and artist Terry Dodson.

Taking place immediately after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, the Force returns to Marvel in January with three new series spotlighting beloved characters from the iconic trilogy! Created in close partnership with Lucasfilm, the three new Star Wars series will exist as part of the canon for the Star Wars universe!

Read more: http://www.mania.com/3-new-star-wars-comics-from-marvel_article_140205.html#ixzz39473gBps

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Marvel Entertainment are extremely proud to announce the iconic Star Wars franchise will return to Marvel in 2015 with a line-up of three comic book titles chronicling the adventures of a galaxy far, far away. Beginning in January 2015, prepare for STAR WARS by writer Jason Aaron (Thor, Original Sin), artist John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men) and colorist Laura Martin, DARTH VADER by writer Kieron Gillen and artist Salvador Larroca and PRINCESS LEIA by writer Mark Waid and artist Terry Dodson.

Taking place immediately after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, the Force returns to Marvel in January with three new series spotlighting beloved characters from the iconic trilogy! Created in close partnership with Lucasfilm, the three new Star Wars series will exist as part of the canon for the Star Wars universe!

Read more: http://www.mania.com/3-new-star-wars-comics-from-marvel_article_140205.html#ixzz39473gBps

Aaron, Cassaday, and Martin = Team superstar imo. :banana:

In fact, I like all of the teams. I'll miss Dark Horse but I'm going to have to give Marvel another go. Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

Aaron, Cassaday, and Martin = Team superstar imo. :banana:

In fact, I like all of the teams. I'll miss Dark Horse but I'm going to have to give Marvel another go. Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

It's bittersweet.

I want Jason Aaron to write his own stories.

But it's good that Marvel is whipping out the big guns for the Star Wars universe.

I'm anxious to see how many variants there will be. Will it be similar to Original Sin (count of 11 variants) or something ridiculous like Amazing Spider-man?

The Wood run should end with a series of Death Stars being built behind a bunch of moons and destroy all the planets, causing a black hole that sucks in the entire empire. Left with nothing anyway!

This is a key detail to take note.

This is a key detail to take note.

I remember when the first Marvel series was part of the canon, until it wasn't. This was true for the various Dark Horse Star Wars comics too. (shrug)

I don't think most Star Wars fans care. Sure, there are some diehards on the internet who discuss the minutia (much like these boards), but most people I know that collect Star Wars comics will read and collect them regardless of their canon status. Take the Darth Maul versus Darth Vader story in Star Wars Tales 9. It being out of canon never stopped it from being a desirable comic usually fetching $10-25.

The previous comic series were not a part of the extended universe? Or is the entire extended universe not canon? Or are stories involving the main cast not considered extended universe? I'm confused on how that point is significant.

Interested in seeing some pages. But I've never been able to keep myself interested in Star Wars comics. Could happen though, I'm digging three space comics at the moment.

The previous comic series were not a part of the extended universe? Or is the entire extended universe not canon? Or are stories involving the main cast not considered extended universe? I'm confused on how that point is significant.

Interested in seeing some pages. But I've never been able to keep myself interested in Star Wars comics. Could happen though, I'm digging three space comics at the moment.

The previous comic series were part of the canon, until earlier this year when the "expanded" universe was deemed Legends. Those stories may or may not be canon now. Basically, the only stories considered canon at this point are the last Darth Maul mini-series from Dark Horse, the movies, and the Clone Wars cartoons. Every new book and comic from Marvel forward will be part of the new canon.

Canon has always been a rolling change with Star Wars. At the time they were published, the original Marvel stories were canon. Then new books and comics came along and those Marvel stories were not canon. But some of those stories were brought into the canon by including the characters and situations into new stories.

It sounds like that is the approach they are taking with the plethora of existing expanded universe stories. Not canon until they are brought into the new canon.

It makes sense. They didn't want to tie the hands of the people making the new Star Wars movies and TV series.