• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You know what really grinds my gears...

18 posts in this topic

Comic book dealers who list books for sale online, and then tell you that "the book was already sold" after you purchase the book from them. I understand some dealers with a lot of inventory take time to update their books that have sold, but when said book just recently became an overnight sensation (hint: quack quack), I find it fishy that the book suddenly becomes "unavailable". I purchased the book yesterday afternoon on Amazon (for 3 figures) and received this message from the dealer just now:

"This item has been sold. I have had this problem before with Amazon, that item should not have been available. Sorry."

After talking to an Amazon rep on the phone, she confirmed my suspicions that the guy was BS'ing (she assured me there was no way Amazon was at fault).

And now he is not responding to my requests for a cancellation to release my funds. What a douchenozzle. I have a feeling this guy is a board member/respected dealer as well, which is the worst part. Very shady way of doing business if you ask me...

/rant

I've been reading up Love and Rockets the last month. A lot of the trades have slowly gone out of print so I've been searching for the cheapest copy as some of them have gotten REALLY expensive.

It amazed me how many dealers and stores list books and then email me a week later and tell me it is out of stock. It makes me wonder if they suddenly realize the value of the out of print books…

So it bugs me too!

Amazon here . Over the last year at least 5 transactions where I got the dreaded Email "Sorry the book is out of stock" or "Sorry the book sold already". Or even "I am sorry I can not find the book".

Only happens on Ebay when I buy a book that get ot all of a sudden and they dont want to sell it at such a cheap price.

buy the book in a month when nobody cares about it again.

It was Punisher #1 Limited Series 1986 ...

perhaps I misunderstood the Howard the Duck reference in your first post.

Perhaps the Punisher quacks when he's on the can? (shrug)

caddyshack-dangerfield.jpg

Whoa! I think somebody stepped on a duck!