• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First they were CGG, then PGA, NOW PGX!!!!!

203 posts in this topic

Huh? I understand the first name change, but did they get in trouble again being associated with golf or something? Are my new PGA labels now gonna be outdated too? frustrated.gif

At least the website is starting to look better.

http://www.pgacomics.com/

There was a discussion on the CPG forums recently between me and some other people (including Daniel) about how difficult it was to find comic related items when searching the term "PGA" on ebay. The suggestion was raised that they should change it to make finding their books easier. They listened. thumbsup2.gif

Didn't Timex just come out with their new PGX digital watches?

Just kidding. 27_laughing.gif I hope they did their research this time. foreheadslap.gif

A google search brings up PGX snowboarding games....wireless systems....and a Visual Basic Binary Property Page File...pharmacogenics....

so far so good thumbsup2.gif

What did they do to you? Why do you hate them so much?

A google search brings up PGX snowboarding games....wireless systems....and a Visual Basic Binary Property Page File...pharmacogenics....

so far so good thumbsup2.gif

What did they do to you? Why do you hate them so much?

Exactly, somebody feels like going on a rampage against CGG/PGA/PGX. Where have I heard that before. Maybe the mods should be notified of this trolling. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What a crappy site.

I dunno. Sure it's not at the level of the CGC site, but it's workable. I personally wouldn't complain about this version of their site. Looks decent enought to me. Easy to navigate, all information available, more info than before. In my opinion this is the first time they actually look professional. IMO, of course.

Except for the cheesy, graphic heavy look and feel, the equally cheesy 1999 style rollover buttons, the reliance on image text, and the fact that the HOMEPAGE button doesn't work, I'd almost agree with you. As it stands, it's crappy.

Yeah, they need to fix the homepage tab. But other than that, for those of us who are not webpage critics, this site looks good to me. And I did not like the previous two, especially the last one. In looking at this one I do not get the feeling of "amateur" as I did before. May not be really impressive to techies, but it does not stand out to me as anything less than a nice looking site.

This "new" company sounds reasonable in both price and turnaround times. I might just have to send a book or two in to test their reliability. Anybody here feel that CGC may one day soon be dethroned if their turnaround times don't improve? I've literally waiting six months one time for a book to come back. Totally unacceptable, although i still believe that there restoration check is the best around. headbang.gif

Huh? I understand the first name change, but did they get in trouble again being associated with golf or something? Are my new PGA labels now gonna be outdated too? frustrated.gif

At least the website is starting to look better.

http://www.pgacomics.com/

There was a discussion on the CPG forums recently between me and some other people (including Daniel) about how difficult it was to find comic related items when searching the term "PGA" on ebay. The suggestion was raised that they should change it to make finding their books easier. They listened. thumbsup2.gif

That sounds reasonable, I can understand the name change if they find the other as difficult to access on the internet. However, hopefully most comic collectors out there know to first go to the "comic books" category first, then hit "PGA" or whatever, and they'll be fine. Maybe alot of people don't know that yet though. confused-smiley-013.gif

What a crappy site.

I dunno. Sure it's not at the level of the CGC site, but it's workable. I personally wouldn't complain about this version of their site. Looks decent enought to me. Easy to navigate, all information available, more info than before. In my opinion this is the first time they actually look professional. IMO, of course.

Except for the cheesy, graphic heavy look and feel, the equally cheesy 1999 style rollover buttons, the reliance on image text, and the fact that the HOMEPAGE button doesn't work, I'd almost agree with you. As it stands, it's crappy.

Good thing they're not in the website design business, eh?

Personally, I'd rather see them devote more attention to tightening up their grading standards in the lower and midgrade ranges (where they are unacceptably loose) and less to "fixing" problems with the website that no one but a web designer would notice anyway.

And that invalidates my problems with the site how exactly?

Wow a new name change again, what a piece of work this company is.I still feel the same way about this company!

PGX? WOULDNT SEND THESE GUYS MY READERS LET ALONE MY HIGH GRADES!

Davidking623

.. 893blahblah.gif

I speak only the truth about how I feel about this Mickey Mouse Company! Oh there you go, there up and coming new name MMC

Davidking623

And that invalidates my problems with the site how exactly?

Who said they were invalid? "Relatively unimportant" doesn't mean "invalid."

poke2.gifyay.gif

Directed at no one in particular. A CGG/PGA/X graded X-Men #1 in 8.0 did not meet reserve at $3500. The GPA average for CGC graded 8.0s for the last 12 months is $4800 with the last sale being $5200. Would one of the CGG shills like to explain how their lack of resto detection is not hurting the sale price? On lower value bronze and silver it doesn't seem to have a drastic effect but on the 2 high profile books I've seen sold on ebay(this X-Men 1 and FFB's ASM 10), it definitely does.