• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting to collect again… Could any kind soul catch me up to speed?

43 posts in this topic

How's it going fellas. I was collecting diligently last summer leading all the way up to the start of the 2014 year. At that point I had too much school and work to focus on so I stopped collecting..

It's safe to say after watching GOTG twice this weekend that there's no way I can hold off collecting any longer. It's gonna burn a hole in my pocket but that's alright.

My main question for you all is, are there certain books I shouldn't pick up because they're too hot right now? There's a couple of keys like FF #48/52 and MP #15/47 I picked up right before I stopped collecting because I knew they were gonna get hot.

I'm constantly eyeing books like Iron Man #55, Avengers #54/55, basically anything in the classic Marvel universe.

I know I'm not exactly the most unique collector right now, but I'm just so excited for what Marvel has planned ahead that I want to collect the keys I can get ahold of before they jump out of my price range!!

Avoid any and all 1st appearance books! They're through the roof right now!! ALL of them.

If you like the movie, go buy the Annihilation, Annihilation:Conquest, Nova, GOTG series from 2007-ish and enjoy!

DC books seem to be disproportionately cheap compared to Marvel. I've been able to get some silver DC books at very reasonable prices.

I do recall picking up Jimmy Olsen 134 for pretty cheap too, Although it was a lower grade.

I guess I'm a sucker for Marvel like everyone else right now.

Has the ship sailed for all the supporting Marvel characters like Doc Strange, Warlock, Panther, and even Ultron? They've yet to make their cinematic appearance so I figured they're not super inflated yet.

DC books seem to be disproportionately cheap compared to Marvel. I've been able to get some silver DC books at very reasonable prices.

I do recall picking up Jimmy Olsen 134 for pretty cheap too, Although it was a lower grade.

Has the ship sailed for all the supporting Marvel characters like Doc Strange, Warlock, Panther, and even Ultron? They've yet to make their cinematic appearance so I figured they're not super inflated yet.

If you're looking at the 1st appearance books, Doc Strange is a yes, ST110 has skyrocketed! Panther is a yes! Warlock hasn't really taken off. Nobody can seem to agree on what his 1st appearance is. I think Thor 165 is the book to get...

If you're looking at the 1st appearance books, Doc Strange is a yes, ST110 has skyrocketed! Panther is a yes! Warlock hasn't really taken off. Nobody can seem to agree on what his 1st appearance is. I think Thor 165 is the book to get...

Thanks for the info.. I always thought that FF #67 was. Seems like Nova hasn't picked up too much steam yet. I feel like he's ripe to appear with the introduction of Nova Corps.

Marvel Unlimited Account so you have access to all modern Marvels even though you are only six months behind. With all the money you save buying Monthly books, start looking for key issues that you always wanted. Cut the clutter go for the quality.

Someday SA DC will spike-I'm sure of it

Some day....

It must be nice to have dreams, faith and hope. One day I may regain some of my own.

I'm waiting to buy a Woodgod in the 50 cent bin and discover an Action #1 tucked inside.

Someday SA DC will spike-I'm sure of it

Some day....

I've been thinking the same thing since I got back into the hobby in 2000... lol

The good thing about SA DC not spiking (yet) is that you can get them for a lot less than their Marvel counterparts!

I do know that back in 1994 I was buying SA DC Superman family books for like $3 that are now selling for $20-$30.....they used to be considered almost worthless so maybe they will move....also i bought NM Lois Lanes for $1 that was before condition was so critical and I sold em raw on ebay for like $60 each....