• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comicon Feb 13-15, 2015

139 posts in this topic

Todd requested and CGC complied. It is as reliable as death and taxes. ;)

It really is this... As a Facilitator this would be an awesome opportunity especially for those of us already planning on attending with some of your books in hand. But as Branget stated, Todd only allows his signature to be authenticated if he does it in private. If I hold Mike's head ever so gently over Todd while he signs with some eyelid opening devices he still won't allow it.... I tried already.

I hate the idea that some creators believe that only real fans want unwitnessed signatures. I have a huge collection of New Mutants and X-Force books but I only want them slabbed. I'm stuck paying a premium for books most threw out years ago though because CGC, CBCS, PGX and any other acronym that witness books are considered for flippers only. Do I flip? Yes, but I do it in order to feed my collection and habit even more. It's something about putting these books into a collection slabbed that seems to be throwing some creators off.

Well, slowly but surely everything I hear inevitably points to the conclusion I thought but could never verify. Macfarlane is kind of an individual_without_enough_empathy. Glad I never really liked him.

That's my opinion folks, I don't need nor want MacFarlane apologists materializing to tell me what a jerk I am. I think Todd is being petty, and that's the nicest thing I have to say about him.

In his defense though and because I truly do love this line up Jimmy you really are out doing yourself. McFarlane is a huge plus, not to mention everyone prior: Eastman, Kubert, McNiven, Soule, Bagley, Perez, Capullo, and everyone else I'm not mentioning. While I know it won't be witnessed it won't stop me from getting one or two for myself. Do I wish he would reverse his stance? Of course, but he is the talent and the only other situation is him saying the hell with it and not doing it at all.

yes this board is correct- the FREE signatures from Amazing Arizona Comic Con by Todd McFarlane cannot get yellow labels. I'm sure there are threads all over the place that run his signatures for slabs several times a year at premium costs.

This 2 hour signing from 4pm-6pm is absolutely FREE.

We're just excited that we can celebrate Spawn #250 with the creator himself, Todd McFarlane along with his frequent collaborator Greg Capullo. Toy Fair in NY is coming, and we are lucky enough to host McFarlane Productions for this one evening event.

And Kaholo-thanks for the support. We make it a point to have the top COMIC BOOK Creators come out to our events. I have every confidence that this line-up will set the bar for other "regional" shows this year. It will be tough for us to match this at other 2015 AMAZING COMIC CONS in Las Vegas, Houston, Hawaii, and OKC. Of course that will not stop us from trying ;)

Stanley- different strokes for different folks. I'm not going to convince you to like any single name on our guest list... although i will bet my bottom dollar there is at least ONE name that pleases just about any true comic fan.

There will be plenty of CGC opportunities at the show, and I'm sure Mike & the Gang will be loaded up with submissions from this event.

Hope to see you all there!

Although it does suck that Todd won't do yellow label books, I'm still super pumped for Perez and Kubert, and Soule etc. This Con is going to drain my funds for the year just in Yellow label books.... But totally worth it!

I sold my VF+/NM copy of New Teen Titans #2 last year because I didn't think I would ever get a Perez sig. :makepoint:

I bought another one just for this show! :banana:

Too bad I can't actually be there. :sorry:

So Jimmy you have just blown my phone apart... thanks...

Todd McFarlane will be in attendance on Friday only... :o

Ok so confirmed with Mike Balent in charge of CGC Signature Series...

NO VERIFIED McFarlane signatures from this show. You can Green Label it all over the place if you want but cannot get the books Signature Series from Todd at this one.

Why not? I've been waiting for a Sig op with him... can we just slip one in under the radar? :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=58&Number=8346923&Searchpage=1&Main=368165&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8346923

Although it does suck that Todd won't do yellow label books, I'm still super pumped for Perez and Kubert, and Soule etc. This Con is going to drain my funds for the year just in Yellow label books.... But totally worth it!

I sold my VF+/NM copy of New Teen Titans #2 last year because I didn't think I would ever get a Perez sig. :makepoint:

I bought another one just for this show! :banana:

Too bad I can't actually be there. :sorry:

I have a 9.6, while I could crack it for the sig, I think I may go with my Wonder Woman #1 or Crisis #7, unless another darkhorse contender materializes and I go with that one.

Who are the facilitators for this show?

Am I supposed to just find you or show up to your booth if you have one, or will something be somewhat formally organized?

Go to CGC booth, whats the plan? I want to hit up Perez for sure, and maybe Capullo too. Who knows...

Todd's like the coolest and nicest guy ever!

If thats been your personal experience I'd say lucky you and you'd be the first person I've heard of to say that.

Outside of you, everything else, the entire body of evidence suggests he's a jerk, and that's putting it nicely.

I also don't understand why Todd doesn't allow these books to be authenticated. By him only allowing yellow lables on his terms tells me he's an egomaniac. Whatever he is, his personality has totally turned me off of liking him. He'll never be my favorite. Heck, I'll probably never really like him.

Now a fellow Image Comic creator like Todd, Jim Lee, and even Kirkman, those guys are so incredibly awesome, it's beyond words. Even guys like Trimpe who have had such a huge impact on the industry are unbelievably nice and accomodatng. I've even talked with Liefeld and HE came across much better than Todd.

Oh well, it is what it is, and Todd can act however the heck he wants to act, he's earned that. And while these creators certainly don't owe us (the fans) anything, it's still very refreshing to see guys like Trimpe, Steranko, Jim Lee, and the like who really value their fans and didn't allow their success to get to their heads.

Who are the facilitators for this show?

Am I supposed to just find you or show up to your booth if you have one, or will something be somewhat formally organized?

Go to CGC booth, whats the plan? I want to hit up Perez for sure, and maybe Capullo too. Who knows...

You do not need a facilitator when CGC is there. Go to the CGC booth and they will take care of everything.

i met mcfarlane at nycc and had a great experience with him. he was a gracious dude and even encouraged me to take a pic with him and his team.

good guy in my book.

this con has an awesome lineup. kudo's to those putting it together!

We've had a great time each time we've met with Todd- from our days geting books signed in the late 80s at san Diego comic con, to breaking in when we started retailing in the mid 90s, to when we first launched Amazing Comic Con at the Mesa Convention Center over 4 years ago, to when we put on the first Image Expo the next year...

Amazing Comic COnventions is happy to work with Todd ant each and every event we have an opportunity.

That said, different strokes for different folks-

Glad we can bring in a ton of Great Creators that you personally dig. Our goal is to get a wide range of the very best people working in comics, to please the widest amount of fans.

Those are some great points about Herb Trimpe-

We like to expose as many fans to the great work of industry leaders from generations past. You will definitely be seeing more of these efforts in our upcoming shows in Las Vegas, Houston, Hawaii, and OKC.

We welcome CGC coming to the event-

I think this is an opportunity to get many books slabbed, with signature series. Also this cuts down on the drama of facilitators scrapping. The biggest thing is- The Fans WIN!

We've had a great time each time we've met with Todd- from our days geting books signed in the late 80s at san Diego comic con, to breaking in when we started retailing in the mid 90s, to when we first launched Amazing Comic Con at the Mesa Convention Center over 4 years ago, to when we put on the first Image Expo the next year...

Amazing Comic COnventions is happy to work with Todd ant each and every event we have an opportunity.

That said, different strokes for different folks-

Glad we can bring in a ton of Great Creators that you personally dig. Our goal is to get a wide range of the very best people working in comics, to please the widest amount of fans.

Those are some great points about Herb Trimpe-

We like to expose as many fans to the great work of industry leaders from generations past. You will definitely be seeing more of these efforts in our upcoming shows in Las Vegas, Houston, Hawaii, and OKC.

We welcome CGC coming to the event-

I think this is an opportunity to get many books slabbed, with signature series. Also this cuts down on the drama of facilitators scrapping. The biggest thing is- The Fans WIN!

Well said.

I'm definitely going to have some books slabbed and certified. Looking forward to the Certification industry being present

For my personal dealings Todd's always been a cool guy. I understand his reasonings.... sort of but I'm a CGC guy and still have a chip on the shoulder. From his perspective he wants his fans to be able to have access to him and not deal with the slight delay getting a book signed for CGC may cause. He doesn't like the unbagging and such at the table and knows his time is very short compared to the amount of interest. He doesn't care about blue tape and such though.

As for me I have a single book I'm bringing without the care of getting the GLoD. Should still be a fun one especially since the line up is huge.