• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Kane's Tech 27

49 posts in this topic

This has been mentioned in the GA forum, but worth mentioning here.

Tomorrow at noon, Bob Kane's Tech 27 and Batman 1 will be going up on ComicConnect.

Thoughts on hammer price? Provenance?

Personally, I'd rather have Bill Finger's books...but still...

308b6ca6-b511-411a-b17a-fc5d97c79e2e_zps956676df.jpg

According to a comment that Vincent Zurzolo made 10 hrs ago, they were dropped off for grading today and will appear on Comic Connect on Monday. I am guessing they were fast tracked. The pictures are up on facebook.

Not sure why he is selling them. While very cool that he owned them, there are definitely better copies on the market and this will likely not net him millions...

He's been dead since 1998. Safe to assume he's not the one selling them.

According to a comment that Vincent Zurzolo made 10 hrs ago, they were dropped off for grading today and will appear on Comic Connect on Monday. I am guessing they were fast tracked. The pictures are up on facebook.
walk through

walk through

My bad... :whistle:

Wow.

Yeah. My magic eight ball says I'm not going to be a major player in this auction. :(

I'm thinking that I'm more in the price range of bidding on the "empty Mylars that held Bob Kane's Detective #27".

Wow.

Yeah. My magic eight ball says I'm not going to be a major player in this auction. :(

I'm thinking that I'm more in the price range of bidding on the "empty Mylars that held Bob Kane's Detective #27".

Sometimes it is fun to throw in just to say you did.

Not sure why he is selling them. While very cool that he owned them, there are definitely better copies on the market and this will likely not net him millions...

(shrug) I meant the owner...

:sorry:

Lon Webb has an interesting comment on that page:

I'm wondering the exact provenance of these-Kane always said his first wife threw away his copies and for the rest of his life, he didn't own these. Some DC/National files were spiral-bound, but Kane's were individual issues. Just wondering.

(shrug) I meant the owner...

:sorry:

Ok. But why sell anything? Whatever it goes for, it'll be big money and likely more than the owner paid especially if it's been sitting in his collection for a while.

walk through

:gossip: The other company.