• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuki

4 posts in this topic

I was surprised to see no thread for a book by a legend such as Jeff Smith.

Did anyone read it?

Thoughts?

My opinion, it was pretty poor for the 1st 2/3rds. But it really rounded into shape by the end. The preview for #2 looks pretty good.

Patrick

My opinion, it was pretty poor for the 1st 2/3rds. But it really rounded into shape by the end. The preview for #2 looks pretty good.

Totally agree with you. I was actively thinking, "this is not very good" while reading it, at first, but was won over by the end.

Totally agree with you. I was actively thinking, "this is not very good" while reading it, at first, but was won over by the end.

Weirdly enough, same here. I think his using modern vernacular was disconcerting to me at first. But then the story became more endearing or something by the end perhaps.