• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Guardians' proves other space-based movies can work

Space-based comic characters  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Space-based comic characters

70 posts in this topic

no Nova? (shrug)

James Gunn sent me a PM and said not to list him. Something about 'Not on my watch' or something like that.

:baiting:

There are so many space-based comics, I was trying to provide at least 20 options. I definitely should have added Green Lantern, Nova and Starslayer.

:blush:

I've never seen that Nexus Animated promo before. Really awesome stuff!

Peace,

Chip

Steve Rude put that together as a pitch piece. Unfortunately, there was not enough studio interest at the time. Maybe now, there would be 94.3 million reasons why to listen to the crazy comic book guy.

:whee:

no Nova? (shrug)

James Gunn sent me a PM and said not to list him. Something about 'Not on my watch' or something like that.

:baiting:

There are so many space-based comics, I was trying to provide at least 20 options. I definitely should have added Green Lantern, Nova and Starslayer.

:blush:

:roflmao:

Well, Nova is already there – sort of. Isn’t the movie related to Xandar and the Nova corps?

As far as my response to your question «What comic book or novel would you like to see done right?» is "all", and also the comics at least as far Marvel goes – you know what I think! lol

The thing about Guardians is, it doesn't matter what the franchise they licensed is. Make a good movie.

Spiderman and Wolverine have been in bad movies. Rocket Raccoon was in a good one. It's in the hands of the staff and talent on the film, not which licenses they chose.

Which space hero should get a movie? As long as it's good it doesn't matter.

What would it take?

I wonder what the reaction would have been if you saw Nathan Fillion walking around Knowwhere in his Captain Malcom Reynolds attire... He would not have had to say anything and he already has dressed like Captain Mal on Castle...

Firefly-007.jpg

What would it take?

I wonder what the reaction would have been if you saw Nathan Fillion walking around Knowwhere in his Captain Malcom Reynolds attire... He would not have had to say anything and he already has dressed like Captain Mal on Castle...

Firefly-007.jpg

:whee::applause::whee:

I took a look to see how the votes were going to this point. I noticed Adam Strange and the LoSH were hanging in there with Rom and others though Warlock is starting to pull away. I would love to see a Legion Lost movie. Great mini/maxi series imo.

I took a look to see how the votes were going to this point. I noticed Adam Strange and the LoSH were hanging in there with Rom and others though Warlock is starting to pull away. I would love to see a Legion Lost movie. Great mini/maxi series imo.

It is interesting results indeed so far. Even old Flash Gordon received a healthy vote. I'd love to see him back again.

:applause:

It is interesting results indeed so far. Even old Flash Gordon received a healthy vote. I'd love to see him back again.

:applause:

Me too. The original set a standard and the movie had Freddie Mercury singing flying guys that looked like a cross between Hawkman and Mr. French from A Family Affair. lol