• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Guardians' proves other space-based movies can work

Space-based comic characters  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Space-based comic characters

70 posts in this topic

Infantino had the loosest pencils in the industry-barely even sketches. Inkers did 90% of the work.

You are incorrect.

I saw you post this nonsense on the OA forum before, and as proof you provided a sketch he did when he was probably 75 years old. Try harder.

Sorry I was just going by what one of his actual inkers stated in 'Curt Swan-a Life in Comics'

which inker

I'd have to re read the book but someone asked him about Curt Swan and said he was a really tight penciler. The guy said 'Byrne is tight. Keith Giffen is tight. Infantino is loose as a goose. Swan is somewhere in the middle'

Any movie can work if there's solid characterization. Lame characters can have space warps etc up the yin-yang and it will still suck.

See 'Phantom Menace'

And yet, Phantom Menace made more than GOTG. And it did that 15 years ago without the benefit of higher ticket prices. hm

I think the movie makers could care less if a movie is good, so long as they make money.

I think you're right

Even a movie everyone knows will be bad they run the numbers and make it anyway

Kinda short sighted though-directors can get a bad rep which affects future projects

Actors seem to be able to weather any number of bad movies

Ryan Reynolds