• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do people do this?

82 posts in this topic

lol - me too. My guess is they can't grade worth [!@#%^&^]. There used to be a seller on Ebay who sold nothing but [!@#%^&^] like this. And it wasn't even good stuff. It was comics like Superman #426 in CGC 3.5, Iron Man #122 in CGC 4.5, Archie #369 in CGC 2.0, etc. LMAO

Sellers says "Don't miss this hard to find X-Men book"

It sure is hard to find in this bad a shape. grin.gif

Best bet to find some more like this is to search around a few dustbins out back of comic shops, or in boxes labelled 'Pieces Of S$$t' at cons. tongue.gif

smile.gif I'd like a CGC graded .05 in my collection, but it has to be auctioned just right.

No minimum, no competition, no freight, no cracked case, no reserve. Don't particularly care which comic it is. So, yeah under the right conditions, I may go for it. grin.gif

It gets worse than this.. I was bored one day and started looking for the dumbest submission I could find. Check the census, there is actually a 5.5 copy of Hulk 2099 # 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see that go on auction!

I think people buy books like this to have a CGC example of that particular grade. Not a bad book to have for that grade....beats the heck out of Hulk 2099 #2! grin.gif

I think people buy books like this to have a CGC example of that particular grade.

Several people here are aware that I buy a bunch of POS CGC books to make grading sets for customers, typically paying around $12-15 including shipping. For customers who are trying to learn to grade, the opportunity to have slabbed copies for comparison is valuable.

I have put together type sets (2.0, 4.0, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 9.4 plus a grade or two in between) for six customers so far and am working on a seventh.

But, to make it clear, there is NO way I would ever submit books like this. That's just nuts. But I will happily pay $10 for a CGC 4.0 copy of a book that guides at $10 in NM, because I am buying the slab not the book.

But I will happily pay $10 for a CGC 4.0 copy of a book that guides at $10 in NM, because I am buying the slab not the book.

Lousy CGC shill. No wonder you only show your face around here once every three weeks now! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif