• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the most you have ever paid for a comic?

129 posts in this topic

I have paid over $1K 7 times:

TMNT 1 CGC 9.0 $1850

Hulk 181 raw (graded out at 9.4) $1750

FF 1 raw (graded out at 3.0) $1650

AF 15 raw (graded out 1.0 restored) $1350

Hulk 1 CGC 1.0 $1175

X-Men 1 CGC 2.0 $1150

JIM 83 raw (graded out 2.5 qualified) $1020

more than $1

woah woah woah slow down big fella. I am still in the more than .50c category.

What is the point of a thread like this? Seems like a pointless measuring exercise to me...

^^

$500 has been my bubble for a while. I bought mid-grade copies of Giant-Size X-Men 1, TTA 35, and Brave and the bold 30 in the $400's. There are many books worth more that I'd like, but very little I absolutely have to have right now. I'm doing fine spending my salary at $75-100 a pop for low-mid grade Captain Marvel Adventures.

I do regret not putting $1300 on low grade copies of Tales of Suspense 39 (G+) and 40 (VG-) some years ago at a show. I didn't like the dealer to start with, he overgraded both books, and priced them at a premium of those higher grades, so I walked away without bothering to negotiate. :(

I've spent close to two thousand twice, in the $17-1800 range.

I still have a few early Spideys (6) & Avengers (4) to grab but they'll be in the $3-700 range each so that's not too bad. (I have the #1's already yesss.gif ) - I don't think I'll ever get an AF15, I don't want a beater or restored copy and I can't justify 15-20K for getting one in the condition I'd want...I also think AF15's benefit from generous CGC grading. :shy:

:tonofbricks:

$1300....but I've spent several hundred thousand on $1 books.

:ohnoez:

+1

This is how I justify dropping large amounts on keys.

I was paying $50 a week on new releases.

Now I dont but moderns and just buy keys...