• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Photos? Is this for real or...

85 posts in this topic

I actually asked them about this in the 'Ask CGC' forum section and never got a reply. I guess they're waiting for their big PR campaign/rollout before saying anything.

'Course, that gives SOME OF US a jump on everybody else. Eh, Parrino?

Christo_pull_hair.gif

No kidding. Fortunately for CGC, this type of back-door company policy is apparently acceptable for most of the human doormats that suckle at their plastic-slabbed teat.

I wonder if they'll acknowledge THIS particular "advancement" around the same time that we actually hear an "official" word about their new restoration service?

Why is it graded a "fine", rather than a "6.0"? mad.gif

I was wondering how fast that point would come up 27_laughing.gif

And really, that should settle the discussion about CGC's MOTIVE for making such a ridiculous change on their label.

I actually asked them about this in the 'Ask CGC' forum section and never got a reply. I guess they're waiting for their big PR campaign/rollout before saying anything.

'Ask CGC' is a complete waste of time.

They will only answer questions that people already know the answer to:

"Who are CGC?"

"Do you grade comic books?"

"What is a comic book?"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And really, that should settle the discussion about CGC's MOTIVE for making such a ridiculous change on their label.

and wny label it CGC instead of PCG..

Photo Grading corp

Or maybey this is the new service they are talking about!

Actually that makes sense. Movie paper is NOT graded the same as comic books. In fact, as far as I know, there is no consistency in movie paper grading. Dealers have their own systems but they do define them. Fine by me. But no, there is no 9.4, 3.0, 6.5 or whatever in movie paper.

The other thread's link you posted also showed the grade being "EXCELLENT"--so it looks like they aren't following the ten point scale. Pov, just read your previous post. I think we are on the same page...

The other thread's link you posted also showed the grade being "EXCELLENT"--so it looks like they aren't following the ten point scale.

Yep - see my post just above yours!

The other thread's link you posted also showed the grade being "EXCELLENT"--so it looks like they aren't following the ten point scale.

Yep - see my post just above yours!

just modified my post--dang it you are too fast!!!

Actually that makes sense. Movie paper is NOT graded the same as comic books. In fact, as far as I know, there is no consistency in movie paper grading. Dealers have their own systems but they do define them. Fine by me. But no, there is no 9.4, 3.0, 6.5 or whatever in movie paper.

There was no 9.4, 3.0, or 6.5 in comic books until CGC came along, either.

Actually, yes there was. gossip.gif

But the numbers were smaller.

Actually I believe, and I may be wrong here, that Metropolis had such a system before CGC.

Actually I believe, and I may be wrong here, that Metropolis had such a system before CGC.

Too slow. tongue.gif

Too slow. tongue.gif

Too incomplete! grin.gif

Too slow. tongue.gif

Too incomplete! grin.gif

Hopefully between us, we covered it. acclaim.gif

Too slow. tongue.gif

Too incomplete! grin.gif

Hopefully between us, we covered it. acclaim.gif

Yeeeeaaahhhh - I d'ink so! (Got a carrot on ya, doc?) smile.gif

I don't see anything wrong with this,but I'd like to know what expertise the guys at CGC have with photos.

I'd be curious where they advertised this new service? Can't see where I'l be using it.

I actually don't see anything wrong with this either - it just took me by surprise. And I want to know how real it is.

It would also be interesting to know how repros are determined from originals and what the grading system is.