• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My triumphant (and bewildering) return to Comics

8 posts in this topic

Watch as I over pay for raw books, oversubscribe to paid service knowledge bases, oversubmit to CGC, and become totally consumed with acquiring key books while all the while acquiriing everything and anything I come across with zero discretion and reckless abandon...

Two years into my return to card collecting (a whole other story) I found myself still yearning for an element of my childhood to share with my son - ok, who we kidding?

There were books I couldnt afford as a kid and their rise in scarcity and prominence only makes me want them more!

Join me as I take the journey... Here you will read about all my impulsive buys, misgrades, impulsive rationalization on obscure purposes, compulsive bagging and rebagging, and silly sub set collecting strategies that won't do a damn thing to keep me focused...

mattinglymint23 journals

Yes.. This, very much. It's frightening how easily it all comes back, and even more frightening how little thought I've been putting in to some of my decisions. Especially when it comes to issues numbered 8... my lucky/favorite number. When I look at that copy of Superman #8, I wish that my lucky number was something higher, like 396 or 473.

Have fun and enjoy it.