• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation has officially jumped the shark

127 posts in this topic

Keep speculating, keep pressing, keep flipping; infinite growth is totally possible.

Marvel Super Heroes Special 8 from 1991 is now a $30-50 book. The first appearance of Squirrel Girl. Because Marvel trademarked her for TV or something. Squirrel Girl.

It's time to pump the brakes people.

I thought it was too much when the racoon became a hot book. :eyeroll: Pulease! that book will be dollar bin fodder soon.

So will Squirrel Girl be the next Rocket Raccoon? Next Deadpool?

Or perhaps the next Harley???

Anyone can post more early appearances which they consider epic/key? More cool covers/variants?

Besides from Harley Quinn.

For some reason it only looks like Marvel comics are the ones taking big leaps in speculation?

I really can`t think of any DC or Independent equivalents to Hulk #371,Marvel Super-Heroes 8, Marvel Preview 4 and 7? hm

So will Squirrel Girl be the next Rocket Raccoon? Next Deadpool?

Or perhaps the next Harley???

Anyone can post more early appearances which they consider epic/key? More cool covers/variants?

Besides from Harley Quinn.

For some reason it only looks like Marvel comics are the ones taking big leaps in speculation?

I really can`t think of any DC or Independent equivalents to Hulk #371,Marvel Super-Heroes 8, Marvel Preview 4 and 7? hm

I meant early appearances of Squirrel girl sorry

Marvel Super Heroes Special 8 from 1991 is now a $30-50 book. The first appearance of Squirrel Girl. Because Marvel trademarked her for TV or something. Squirrel Girl.

Stupid people don't understand how to "pump the brakes"

They like to buy a book at high speculation and run it down the hill 99.9% of the time.

And many dealers thank them silently for their stupidity.

Stupid people don't understand how to "pump the brakes"

They like to buy a book at high speculation and run it down the hill 99.9% of the time.

And many dealers thank them silently for their stupidity.

:golfclap:

You can't stop the speculator train...

With at least 30 Marvel and DC movies to be made between now and 2020 I would say the big boom is on. It could be a good time to make money flipping short-term to buy long-term keys. Those hundred Squirrel Girl first appearances could be turned into a major key.

:idea:

Wash, Rinse and Repeat.