• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation has officially jumped the shark

127 posts in this topic

This board needs more speculation about when the bubble is going to burst.

.... about 183 years after we're all dead. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus (thumbs u )

The market is insane right now but will add that people are paying the prices and until they stop paying hundreds for books that were $1 a week earlier it will continue. But seems that the asking prices for $1 bin books has gone up incredibly . I look for common bronze age issue on ebay like say Battle Star Galacticca #1 etc and they are being asked for $10+ but thank goodness they are not getting that. Seems its once a character is mentioned as being in a movie or tv show that the price just blast off.

That has been happening since the Walking Dead hit the airwaves.

It's the 'hook' of the "Information Age". Everyone is an expert on any subject in the time it takes to Google it.

If I want to be a comic book price spectator, all I have to do is look up "Rumored movies for 2016", and I will know in under 1 minute every comic book I need to look for that will make me rich (2 years from now).

doh!

-Terry

With at least 30 Marvel and DC movies to be made between now and 2020 I would say the big boom is on. It could be a good time to make money flipping short-term to buy long-term keys. Those hundred Squirrel Girl first appearances could be turned into a major key.

:idea:

Wash, Rinse and Repeat.

(thumbs u

Did anyone ever actually have the misfortune of reading one of those seasonal monstrosities? They must've been tryout books, because I never recognized any of the talent in them.

The Squirrel Girl story looks particularly hideous, as Mr. Ditko must've been using his left hand to draw it while he was working on something more important! :P

I bought 7 Marvel Year in Review 1992.. Its 2nd appearnace of Squirrel girl.. Cameo.. Magazine... Their so cheap now you cant go wrong w the price..

If Squirrel is going to be as big as rocket/deadpool/harley any early appearances are gonna be sought after

It seems that's not the second appearance of Squirrel Girl, but rather the first appearance of Squirrel Girl 2099

Boys, where is the Squirrel love??

... or am I the only one?

IMG_0904_zpsb0b33041.jpg

... and as has been mentioned before, this is tough to find in the highest grades.

If you go by what is said on these boards, every book is tough to find in high grade. :eyeroll: