• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

There'll be a hug for you when you come to Toronto. :foryou: Poor kid. :(

Seems like a long way to go for little payoff.

I can recommend several massage places in Toronto that'll finish you off.

PM sent.

I heard in Toronto, "That's a dude" is good to keep in mind.

Seems like the majority of people in SpiderDan's corner have been here less than 3 years and the majority of people who think he was wrong have been here more than 3 years.

Cool books?

Seems like the majority of people in SpiderDan's corner have been here less than 3 years and the majority of people who think he was wrong have been here more than 3 years. known each other both on & off the board for years.

:D

I've bought from Dan several times with never an issue. He's a a good guy here and I'd hate to think anythkng he did was on purpose.

Perhaps cut him some slack as he has had many successful non-problematic sales here.

This is not about Dan, this is about lousy writing of your terms as a seller, and an inability to keep things working smooth. The sales forum is going downhill lately, and eventually the mods are going to want it gone as it creates too much drama.

I respect your opinion of dan's listing even though I disagree. I found it to be quite clear. If anyone found it off putting they could have passed on the book. Yes his listing was aggressive it was designed to create competition among buyers and a sense of urgency to perform. He wanted to get a deal done quick. Roulette chose to jump through dan's hoops first so to speak. For roulette there were no points to haggle or discuss in PMs. Therefore according to the listing rules, his first "I'll take it" in the thread "trumped" everything else that may or may not have been happening in the background.

-J.

I couldn't read anymore of your posts before replying

You don't seem to understand what happened here.

They were not "still haggling" like you keep saying.

It was a done deal, agreement reached, Dan should have immediately closed the thread, and if someone posted an :takeit: before he was able to close the thread, than Dan should have politely informed them that the book had ALREADY SOLD(I put this in caps as it seems to be the part you are missing here) in a pm.

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

I dislike having been associated with the thread in any way, and there was nothing I could do to avoid it (didn't know about the PMs going on). I feel badly for Mike, for Dan, and for me.

You could have deferred to the person who took the book first. You can't really say "There was nothing I could do"…

My statement means I couldn't have avoiding becoming a part of it all at, because i have no way to know what's going on.

I did reach out to Mike when I found out - to see if he was okay.

But you didn't defer to him? Or offer him the book?

You're right you didn't know it was going to happen, but this could have been avoided.

Wow! Bad day?

Seems like the majority of people in SpiderDan's corner have been here less than 3 years bought cool books from him and the majority of people who think he was wrong have been here more than 3 years. known each other both on & off the board for years.

I keep thinking of the Soup Nazi episodes on Seinfield.

There's Trans, holding his bowl of soup(the book) thinking about how good it's going to taste, when suddenly, Dan leans across the counter, grabs the bowl, and shouts "No soup for you"!!!!!

I also think was Fingh is trying to say is that Dan's rules set it up so that while he negotiated a deal that was accepted by Mike, he is creating a loophole allowing himself to wait around until someone offers a better deal.

This is the accusationthat bothers me the most. Ive sold hundreds of books on these Boards without any issue. I put that rule into effect (which im allowed to do) because early on I was a victim of "Sorry it sold in a PM" I was a Noob and didnt know who was shady and who wasnt.

I Always tell a buyer once they agree in a PM.. "Do you want to mark it sold iN the thread, or do you want me to?" Its nobodys buisness what my family issue was that pulled me away, but it happened.

Until someone can post one of my sales threads where this has happened before, the insinuating that I wait around for full price is asinine

I extended the olive branch to Mike publically to show that I am sorry for not getting bacl to the thread in time. In 60+ pages he has decided not to accept. Oh well

Also why try and make Joey feel bad for not giving the book to Mike. That also is ridiculous. HE Won the book fair and square.

1 - I misstated my position by implying that you meant malice. I should have written that you inadvertently created this loophole that if accepted as precedent allows for further exploitation by others down the road.

2 - I disagree with you Joey wins the book "fair and square" (and I like Joey, so this has no bearing on it.) I am not seeing it. You constructed a counteroffer that was accepted by Transplant. You are correct that the issue that pulled you away from the computer is none of anyone's business. It could be a UPS guy asking for a signature to, God forbid, illness or accident involving loved ones. However, just as it does not require elaboration on your part, it should not figure into the discussion at all. If you made a counteroffer that was accepted before Joey posted a :takeit: sign regardless of whether you are monitoring the computer or not, if the offer was accepted you go with the deal you made.

3 - To all the board lawyers, I do not recall the selling forums being governed under any state law. So all of the legal arguments are basically moot. Traditionally, we operate on a good faith basis. I look at what happened here and feel that while Dan believes he is acting in good faith, the wrong decision is being made.

It's Transplant's book.

Seems like the majority of people in SpiderDan's corner have been here less than 3 years and the majority of people who think he was wrong have been here more than 3 years.

Do a recount.

I extended the olive branch to Mike publically to show that I am sorry for not getting bacl to the thread in time. In 60+ pages he has decided not to accept. Oh well

tumblr_n5obhsGlrQ1rhd0aco1_400.gif

Hey that isn't fair :baiting:

It's true, go back and look....

Straw grasping time

I also think was Fingh is trying to say is that Dan's rules set it up so that while he negotiated a deal that was accepted by Mike, he is creating a loophole allowing himself to wait around until someone offers a better deal.

This is the accusationthat bothers me the most. Ive sold hundreds of books on these Boards without any issue. I put that rule into effect (which im allowed to do) because early on I was a victim of "Sorry it sold in a PM" I was a Noob and didnt know who was shady and who wasnt.

I Always tell a buyer once they agree in a PM.. "Do you want to mark it sold iN the thread, or do you want me to?" Its nobodys buisness what my family issue was that pulled me away, but it happened.

Until someone can post one of my sales threads where this has happened before, the insinuating that I wait around for full price is asinine

Also why try and make Joey feel bad for not giving the book to Mike. That also is ridiculous. HE Won the book fair and square.

1 - I misstated my position by implying that you meant malice. I should have written that you inadvertently created this loophole that if accepted as precedent allows for further exploitation by others down the road.

2 - I disagree with you Joey wins the book "fair and square" (and I like Joey, so this has no bearing on it.) I am not seeing it. You constructed a counteroffer that was accepted by Transplant. You are correct that the issue that pulled you away from the computer is none of anyone's business. It could be a UPS guy asking for a signature to, God forbid, illness or accident involving loved ones. However, just as it does not require elaboration on your part, it should not figure into the discussion at all. If you made a counteroffer that was accepted before Joey posted a :takeit: sign regardless of whether you are monitoring the computer or not, if the offer was accepted you go with the deal you made.

3 - To all the board lawyers, I do not recall the selling forums being governed under any state law. So all of the legal arguments are basically moot. Traditionally, we operate on a good faith basis. I look at what happened here and feel that while Dan believes he is acting in good faith, the wrong decision is being made.

It's Transplant's book.

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

I wasn't sure why a DD #1 would cause such a big stink (unless folks were discussing Kirby's spiderman), but after going back a and looking. There's a 9.0 priced at 7k and Dan priced his 8.5 at $3650. Big difference which tells me it was more than just another comic book. I also feel bad for everyone involved. Its unfortunate.

Seems like the majority of people in SpiderDan's corner have been here less than 3 years bought cool books from him and the majority of people who think he was wrong have been here more than 3 years. known each other both on & off the board for years.

Well and then there's that...

I wasn't sure why a DD #1 would cause such a big stink (unless folks were discussing Kirby's spiderman), but after going back a and looking. There's a 9.0 priced at 7k and Dan priced his 8.5 at $3650. Big difference which tells me it was more than just another comic book. I also feel bad for everyone involved. Its unfortunate.

The issue is the same regardless of the book being sold.

For the record, I want in thee peen internet lawyer contest.

Licensed in 4 states. Top 2% LSAT. Negotiate contracts with 7-8 figures involved. What do I win?

A follow-up visit from Mephisto to renegotiate your contract ? hm