• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

Bottom line is this. IF Transplant chose to, he could wait 30 days and put Dan on the PL. They reached a mutually agreed upon deal, and then Dan sold the book under him.

And I'd imagine that when he sees this book in a 9.0 slab going for a lot more, he'll be even more motivated.

I am just saying that, it is ugly, and really simple. The sales thread rules do not pertain to PM negotiations. Dam set Final terms, Transplant agreed. That finalizes a deal.

Oh I'm agreeing with you…

But from my understanding, Spider Dan is a pretty nice go and generally an honest seller. His stuff is usually out of my reach, but he sells some nice stuff. I don't think the vote would pass and I think it would be sort of ugly.

I dont want to see it done. But I am saying that Dan needs to be a more proactive seller. If you are in negotiations, book needs to go on hold. Especially if you are too lazy to check PM's, and have some weird stipulation that allows back door BS like this. I am not saying Dan is a bad guy, I am saying he did not do things right, and by all means his "rules" are BS. Timestamp should have been the deciding factor.

As I said, you can see the situation from both angles, as the rules weren’t so detailed to leave no room for interpretation – what settles it is the obligation of the seller to put "on hold" in the sales thread while the PM deal is discussed: this way, any possible :takeit: does not risk to result in an unpleasant situation.

No Dan did not have to do that. His publicly posted listing rules control, not what he discussed in PM with trans. If he put the book "on hold" while haggling with trans that would defeat his whole purpose of explicitly stating "first I'll take it in the thread trumps ALL PMs".

If trans didn't like this he should have passed on the book, plain and simple. Dan didn't "back out" on anything. He warned all prospective buyers of what would happen if someone posted an I'll take it in the thread first. The "deal" that was negotiated in PM was "trumped" by roulette. No Grey area here at all.

-J.

Bottom line is this. IF Transplant chose to, he could wait 30 days and put Dan on the PL. They reached a mutually agreed upon deal, and then Dan sold the book under him.

And I'd imagine that when he sees this book in a 9.0 slab going for a lot more, he'll be even more motivated.

I am just saying that, it is ugly, and really simple. The sales thread rules do not pertain to PM negotiations. Dam set Final terms, Transplant agreed. That finalizes a deal.

But from my understanding, Spider Dan is a pretty nice go and generally an honest seller. His stuff is usually out of my reach, but he sells some nice stuff. I don't think the vote would pass and I think it would be sort of ugly.

I dont want to see it done. But I am saying that Dan needs to be a more proactive seller. If you are in negotiations, book needs to go on hold. Especially if you are too lazy to check PM's, and have some weird stipulation that allows back door BS like this. I am not saying Dan is a bad guy, I am saying he did not do things right, and by all means his "rules" are BS. Timestamp should have been the deciding factor.

And it wouldn't be the first time a seller said, "Sorry book sold in PMs." Second buyer would be a bit upset, but no one would say anything. Rules wouldn't have been broken either.

I'm still amazed second buyer didn't pull out too.

I've bought from Dan several times with never an issue. He's a a good guy here and I'd hate to think anythkng he did was on purpose.

Perhaps cut him some slack as he has had many successful non-problematic sales here.

And it wouldn't be the first time a seller said, "Sorry book sold in PMs." Second buyer would be a bit upset, but no one would say anything. Rules wouldn't have been broken either.

I'm still amazed second buyer didn't pull out too.

He could have just went to timestamp. But this is why the newer sellers are screwing this place up, this place NEVER operated like this until recently.

As I said, you can see the situation from both angles, as the rules weren’t so detailed to leave no room for interpretation – what settles it is the obligation of the seller to put "on hold" in the sales thread while the PM deal is discussed: this way, any possible :takeit: does not risk to result in an unpleasant situation.

No Dan did not have to do that. His publicly posted listing rules control, not what he discussed in PM with trans. If he put the book "on hold" while haggling with trans that would defeat his whole purpose of explicitly stating "first I'll take.it in the grad trumps ALL PMs".

What are you saying? If you accept PM offers, counter offer and are fine with them, it‘s your obligation to freeze the purchase if a deal is approaching its conclusion.

If you put a book "on hold" it simply means it is temporarily "on hold", the :takeit: no longer works until the hold is removed.

I've bought from Dan several times with never an issue. He's a a good guy here and I'd hate to think anythkng he did was on purpose.

Perhaps cut him some slack as he has had many successful non-problematic sales here.

But Mark, obviously it‘s not Dan’s integrity which is discussed, rather the inconsistencies on how the PM dealing procedures are handled. (thumbs u

Exactly. Why isn't anyone holding the losing buyer accountable for not following dan's "BS rules" in the listing he decided to participate in anyway?

-J.

This is not about Dan, this is about lousy writing of your terms as a seller, and an inability to keep things working smooth. The sales forum is going downhill lately, and eventually the mods are going to want it gone as it creates too much drama.

Exactly. Why isn't anyone holding the losing buyer accountable for not following dan's "BS rules" in the listing he decided to participate in anyway?

-J.

You just don't get it. The rules he posted leave too much room for error.

No Dan did not have to do that. His publicly posted listing rules control, not what he discussed in PM with trans. If he put the book "on hold" while haggling with trans that would defeat his whole purpose of explicitly stating "first I'll take.it in the grad trumps ALL PMs".

What are you saying? If you accept PM offers, counter offer and are fine with them, it‘s your obligation to freeze the purchase if a deal is approaching its conclusion.

If you put a book "on hold" it simply means it is temporarily "on hold", the :takeit: no longer works until the hold is removed.

Yes I am saying just that, as it applies to this listing and this seller's rules for the listing. If trans didn't like that he should have moved on to the next book. The listing was intended to deter PM low balling and haggling. Roulette was proactive and jumped on it and rightly got the book.

-J.

Yes I am saying just that, as it applies to this listing and this seller's rules for the listing. If trans didn't like that he should have moved on to the next book. The listing was intended to deter PM low balling and haggling. Roulette was proactive and jumped on it and rightly got the book.

-J.

Then why agree to a deal? Answer that please.

This is not about Dan, this is about lousy writing of your terms as a seller, and an inability to keep things working smooth. The sales forum is going downhill lately, and eventually the mods are going to want it gone as it creates too much drama.

That’s the point. Everyone was mad at RMA simply because he and Roy were discussing the two sides of the question. Specifying a book is "on hold" is precisely to prevent this unpleasantness. It is a needed step.

That’s the point. Everyone was mad at RMA simply because he and Roy were discussing the two sides of the question. Specifying a book is "on hold" is precisely to prevent this unpleasantness. It is a needed step.

Yes, and pretty simple to grasp. And if you are too lazy, stick to Ebay.

-J.

Actually Dan wrote:

:takeit: IN the thread trumps any and ALL PM's

which means PM offers are accepted. If they are accepted, and there is an ongoing deal to be reached (not just an inquiry) you have to specify as soon as possible the book is on hold. The only scenario in which Roulette should have gotten the book would have been if he posted the :takeit: in the short time span required for Dan to mark the book "on hold", otherwise there is no way to have clearness.

I respect your opinion of dan's listing even though I disagree. I found it to be quite clear. If anyone found it off putting they could have passed on the book. Yes his listing was aggressive it was designed to create competition among buyers and a sense of urgency to perform. He wanted to get a deal done quick. Roulette chose to jump through dan's hoops first so to speak. For roulette there were no points to haggle or discuss in PMs. Therefore according to the listing rules, his first "I'll take it" in the thread "trumped" everything else that may or may not have been happening in the background.

-J.

-J.

Actually Dan wrote:

:takeit: IN the thread trumps any and ALL PM's

which means PM offers are accepted. If they are accepted, and there is an ongoing deal to be reached (not just an inquiry) you have to specify as soon as possible the book is on hold. The only scenario in which Roulette should have gotten the book would have been if he posted the :takeit: in

the short time span required for Dan to mark the book "on hold", otherwise there is no way to have clearness.

Dan's listing, specifically as you have quoted it, directly and explicitly contradicts how you are interpreting it.

-J.

If you're going to stand up for someone, try not to stutter. :preach:

Here's mine... what can I do better ? (shrug)

0c16e3e90d5f7f1acc7b8ca996ae558f.gif

46c7ee59148b1b877d4d51e60f6ab129.gif

b1bdecb4cf7ce5a44e6c25947c0a2de1.gif

- 1st :takeit: in the sales thread beats any agreement between parties via PM or elsewhere. If you're worried about losing the item, then you better post it here ;)

- Paypal only please.

- No probies, HOS or people who I choose not to sell to or those on my ignore list.

- Payment required within three days after you are sent an invoice unless prior arrangements are made beforehand. After that, books are back up for sale.

- Shipping will boxed Priority/insured and included in the price for each item for USA domestic addresses. Out of USA shipping is available, but will be the buyer's responsibility, expensive and exact.

- Returns gladly accepted within 7 days of receipt of package and returned at buyer's expense (unless I totally screw it up...then, of course, it's on me).

Move yourself over to eBay chat and just sell on eBay. (shrug)

Thank you Andy. Don't you have points to count somewhere... you know... meaningful, important stuff ;)

:foryou:

Nope. :hi:

Please don't let this happen ! Where will I go to see the overly hyped hucksterism? (note not all sales threads).

:jokealert: (sort of)