• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is a married back cover considered resto?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone...

Considering getting a book from someone, but I'm wondering if it would be considered resto or not. I think it probably is. What does everyone else think? This from the source:

"I have suspicions it might have a married back cover. The coloration on the back cover is slightly different that the front cover but I'm really not sure."

Hey everyone...

Considering getting a book from someone, but I'm wondering if it would be considered resto or not. I think it probably is. What does everyone else think? This from the source:

"I have suspicions it might have a married back cover. The coloration on the back cover is slightly different that the front cover but I'm really not sure."

Yeah, it's resto because it had to be attached somehow to the FC with some form of japan papers, and glue. If it is a married BC, it has to have some signs of being attached/married along the entire spine.

Unless it was taped, then that might be qreen label.

Hey everyone...

Yeah, it's resto because it had to be attached somehow to the FC with some form of japan papers, and glue. If it is a married BC, it has to have some signs of being attached/married along the entire spine.

Unless it was taped, then that might be qreen label.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless the fc and bc were married in a very artful way, it should be evident from examining the book.