• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Boston Comic Con Report 2014

71 posts in this topic

I better get some photos in here. I usually prefer to take wall shots rather than cosplay photos, but managed to get a fair amount of costumes this year since I kept my camera on the table at the booth. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get as many wall shots. I always want to see those of other folks’; I’ve bought a few great books on the boards from wall shots of shows I wasn’t at.

I have no idea who she is supposed to be. But then I'm old and stupid. Too bad nobody photobombed it.

Cosplay5.jpg

I took me a while to figure it out. but she is dressed as Moxxi from Borderlands 2 video game. I made a mental note to try and spot Ivy Doomkitty there was only 1 possible time she walked by but I was not looking at her face (shrug)

Rats!

Speaking of fine birds, I just realized I forgot the ornithology earlier.

Here's our friends Mr. Cardinal, Mrs. Cardinal and Mr. Woodpecker:

Cardinal.jpg

MrsCardinal.jpg

Woodpeckerinaction.jpg

You'd almost think I was a hippie or something.

Tough crowd today. Hard to compete with the level of jackassery going on lately. be that as it may, I'll bravely soldier on.

Was just watching Sarah and Duck and was struck by a similarity to Mark Beyer's work. (Just trying to see if the Brits or indie fans were paying attention.)

Anyways, I got up early on Sunday and made it on time sans traffic or parking problems. It was busy, no surprise. However, when the cigarette girl walked down our aisle with her breakfast cart, the boss in a bold, decisive stroke, found a way to alleviate the forthcoming rigors of the day.

Budweiser.jpg.

Picked these up the day before. I've only skimmed the Buscema book but the interview is great so far. Got the Avengers for Lil' Pont thinking it was a trade of the series based on the cartoon, but he appreciated it nonetheless.

Hardcovers.jpg

Tough crowd today. Hard to compete with the level of jackassery going on lately. be that as it may, I'll bravely soldier on.

Was just watching Sarah and Duck and was struck by a similarity to Mark Beyer's work. (Just trying to see if the Brits or indie fans were paying attention.)

Anyways, I got up early on Sunday and made it on time sans traffic or parking problems. It was busy, no surprise. However, when the cigarette girl walked down our aisle with her breakfast cart, the boss in a bold, decisive stroke, found a way to alleviate the forthcoming rigors of the day.

Budweiser.jpg.

5.5 Kg per box. :o and you made it across the border (worship)

Thanks for slogging though!

Before I forget, it’s always nice to see old faces and meet new ones, like gcwatson, comicartfan, amazingcomics413, junkdrawer, harveyswick, Dmac, Ryan, mike h and I’m probably forgetting somebody. I didn’t get photos which is too bad; I recall reading of demand for a picture of Swick.

Speaking of mike h, his Weird Indexes of Eerie Publications (sort of a supplement to his excellent Weird World of Eerie Publications tome) got a glowing review in the current price guide. I think it’s Doug Sulipa who mentions the index in his market report, I’ll need to check to confirm.

And I found a shot of ½ of the cosplayers I missed, taken by AmazingComics413.

image_zps1f1242f9.jpg

She was traveling with a woman when she came by the booth and not the Devious Dr. Dumpty, or whoever this guy is.

mqdefault.jpg