• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales To Astonish #44 Club - Meet the Flying Wasp!

156 posts in this topic

I love this book...walked into my LCS a few years ago and this copy was there for sale for $30.00. I snagged it having seen very few copies for sale. She's a solid mid-grade copy. :cloud9:

TalestoAstonish44CGC50Ow.jpg

Man, must have caught the graders on a bad day! That looks waaaaay better than a 5.0! Is there water damage on the back? What are we missing here?

No water damage, it has a faint sub crease that you can barely see, and just general wear. I graded it a 6.0 myself. May have just been a bay day. lol

I updated the list everyone.

@Walt- I placed your copy in the raw area because it's graded by the other company. Hope you are cool with that. :)

Very nice copies folks and welcome to the club! :headbang:

I updated the list everyone.

@Walt- I placed your copy in the raw area because it's graded by the other company. Hope you are cool with that. :)

Very nice copies folks and welcome to the club! :headbang:

Perfectly understandable.

Mine is graded at 5.5 off white.

Years ago, someone told me that this issue was extremely hard to find in grade, and they also told me that ASM #50 was in the same boat. Which naturally made me start hunting them both. That person (whomever it was) apparently was right. The best #44 I could find at conventions I attended, was this one. So I bought it. I think I paid something like $14.00.

That was pre-internet time.

I also bought an 8.5 ASM #50, for around $14.00 at the same convention.

So, in a nutshell. The TTA #44 in 5.5. Cost me the same as an ASM #50 in 8.5.

Which says something about this issue.

You are right the 7.5 is worth 1600

I think it should be worth much more

I hope so. I think this came from Ken Pierce's shop in Richton Park Ill so I know I didn't pay more than four or five bucks for it. Sat in my boxes of death for over 30 years at least till I sent it in.

talestoastonich44001-1.jpg