• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales To Astonish #44 Club - Meet the Flying Wasp!

156 posts in this topic

I think this book got it's movie bump when Eva Langoria (I think that's her name) was rumored to be the Wasp for the first Avengers movie. While this didn't ever happen, the lack of nicer copies coming out of the woodwork allowed the book to hold it's ground. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... It does still seem kind of reasonable as far as 1963 keys go, given the decades of involvement that the WASP has had in the Marvel universe.

the the wasp needs a bump plenty of upward trending lately. it will be interesting to see the upside as the next movie chatter builds. here is my 7.0 copy, no press and bright bleeding colors.

TTA%2044_zpsjqlbzlyn.jpg

the the wasp needs a bump plenty of upward trending lately. it will be interesting to see the upside as the next movie chatter builds. here is my 7.0 copy, no press and bright bleeding colors.

TTA%2044_zpsjqlbzlyn.jpg

Beautiful copy and one on my want list for sure.

Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Hey all --

Some awesome books here, as usual. Just found my copy (see scan below) as well; I traded an Avengers #1 in 5.5 for it, meaning I probably set a GPA high for an 8.0. That said...

This is a beautiful, blazing copy. The whites you see are really THAT white, like freaking-brand-new-white. The horizontal line across the wasp's wing is on the CGC case, not the cover, so it's even nicer in person.

I love it!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

TTA%2044_zps7jxpnomz.jpg

Hey all --

Some awesome books here, as usual. Just found my copy (see scan below) as well; I traded an Avengers #1 in 5.5 for it, meaning I probably set a GPA high for an 8.0. That said...

This is a beautiful, blazing copy. The whites you see are really THAT white, like freaking-brand-new-white. The horizontal line across the wasp's wing is on the CGC case, not the cover, so it's even nicer in person.

I love it!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

TTA%2044_zps7jxpnomz.jpg

This is one of the best examples of this book I've ever seen. There are plenty of Avengers 1 in 5.5. You can't say the same about this book in this grade. I love the trade!

Hey all --

I love it!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

TTA%2044_zps7jxpnomz.jpg

:luhv: Incredible looking copy and I am envious of those White Pages. You don't see white pages on this book very often. Congrats.

Thanks for the good words! I love your 8.5 copy as well.

I've looked at this cover for years and just NOW noticed that the text reads "Ant-Man and THE THE Wasp" -- classic quality control at Marvel!

Dan

Hey all --

I love it!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

TTA%2044_zps7jxpnomz.jpg

wow that presents so nice. great pick up and great looking book!

Thanks for the good words! I love your 8.5 copy as well.

I've looked at this cover for years and just NOW noticed that the text reads "Ant-Man and THE THE Wasp" -- classic quality control at Marvel!

Dan

Like the movie "Attack of the the Eye Creatures"!