• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgc Premium membership question

17 posts in this topic

Regarding the CGC Premium membership.

I have looked the boards over and can' t find anything on the

4 free graded comics certificates. Does anybody have a link?

Or have any info. :gossip:

I guess it wouldn't be great for key golden or silver age books. Was hoping to purchase the premium membership to use on some keys. BB 28, incomplete Sup1, coverless Showcase 4 and so on.

That seems like the perfect books to use with the coupons :shrug:

I agree with mschmidt on that, I love to save my coupons for lower-grade classics. That way you don't add much expense to the value of the book. Even better if you can drop off coupon books in-person, then the per-unit cost of slabbing and return shipping is only about $5.25 if you use UPS ground return shipping.

I'd hate to pay full price to slab a coverless book for a "No Grade" or "0.5" label, but if it's only costing me $5.25 that's not so bad.

I'm sure if they are $1200 or so value they'll let them slide. It's subbing an AF15 in VF condition that they will frown on. Oh and their (and your) insurance on them won't cover over the $1000 if it's lost or destroyed.

EDIT: The only one of those you might have a problem with is the Superman #1 depending on how incomplete it is. (Coverless/missing a wrap/missing centerfold/coupon clipped)

I'm sure if they are $1200 or so value they'll let them slide. It's subbing an AF15 in VF condition that they will frown on. Oh and their (and your) insurance on them won't cover over the $1000 if it's lost or destroyed.

EDIT: The only one of those you might have a problem with is the Superman #1 depending on how incomplete it is. (Coverless/missing a wrap/missing centerfold/coupon clipped)

Missing cover, first 2 wraps and centrefold, otherwise fully intact with good quality pages and staples.

Missing cover, first 2 wraps and centrefold, otherwise fully intact with good quality pages and staples.

The worst that can happen is that CGC will call you up and ask for a bit more $$$ due to the value of the books - I wouldn't hesitate to sub those books with the coupons.