• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice Bucket Challenge CGC STYLE

38 posts in this topic

I'm sorry but this has become more of a fad than actually helping the charity. Seems that celebs are doing it just because

How this, I have a Gofundme campaign for my dog who lost the use of her hind legs, essentially paralyzing her. Donate to that and I'll post video of pouring a bucket of whatever you want over myself. (with in reason people)

The link is 1000 nice people in my sig line.

I was challenged and I made a donation to avoid it. Which is what they want! :grin:

Even if challenged and you accept it, you are supposed to donate something.

I had my friend dump water off the roof of his garage on top of me and then I threw it in iMovie to edit it for some fun.

It starts with a black screen and the words The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the 'Backgrass (you know the show with Johnny Knoxville) intro" (First few bars from Corona by the Minutemen) then goes into a live intro of me standing there going, "Hi I'm Andrew and this is the Ice Bucket challenge!" I go into the spiel, put swimming goggles over my head and then a mess ton of water falls on me.

If I had not gotten hurt, I had the idea of asking a fireman friend of ours to knock me out of a lawn chair with a burst of firehose to the chest which would probably throw me from the lawn chair. Even using a baseball catcher chest pad, I'm not there yet.

Make it fun, make it interesting but everyone donates.

I was challenged and I made a donation to avoid it. Which is what they want! :grin:

Even if challenged and you accept it, you are supposed to donate something.

I had my friend dump water off the roof of his garage on top of me and then I threw it in iMovie to edit it for some fun.

It starts with a black screen and the words The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and the 'Backgrass (you know the show with Johnny Knoxville) intro" (First few bars from Corona by the Minutemen) then goes into a live intro of me standing there going, "Hi I'm Andrew and this is the Ice Bucket challenge!" I go into the spiel, put swimming goggles over my head and then a mess ton of water falls on me.

If I had not gotten hurt, I had the idea of asking a fireman friend of ours to knock me out of a lawn chair with a burst of firehose to the chest which would probably throw me from the lawn chair. Even using a baseball catcher chest pad, I'm not there yet.

Make it fun, make it interesting but everyone donates.

Well, I got challenged by a 10 year old who had been challenged by a of other 10 year olds. I am pretty sure that I am the only one who donated, and I am not dumping ice water on myself. When ALS gets cured, the ghost of Lou Gehrig is going to come to me and tell me it was my $20 that did it.

Make a movie of that.

Four years ago we were in Atlantic City for my friend's bachelor party. One of the guys there was all over the place. He is a good friend to one of my friends. I know him through association. He had no fear in doing everything and anything to the point that some of us had to back up because if he did anything too stupid and we were looped in with him, we could lose our jobs.

According to my friend last year while watching football he was complaining that he was having trouble with his hand and could not move it. Flash forward to less than a year later and he is hooked up to a dozen machines and most likely will not ever get out of the hospital or see his 40th birthday. ALS has even robbed him of the ability to speak.

Honestly, what a horrible way to go. No one deserves to deteriorate in that manner that this guy is.

My 13 year old son was nominated and did it and gave me $20 from his own money to donate for him. I went on the site and donating is easy. Not everyone donates as it's about raising awareness as well as funds. I had a cousin who died from ALS at the age of 23, horrible to watch.