• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ice Bucket Challenge CGC STYLE

38 posts in this topic

I'm sorry but this has become more of a fad than actually helping the charity. Seems that celebs are doing it just because

From Forbes...

But the ALS Association has since said that it has raised $15.6 million as a result of the challenge, nine times what it normally raises in the same time frame. Another ALS charity, Project ALS, told the Washington Post that its donations were 50 times normal. ALS TDI, another ALS charity, says that has raised $580,000 since the beginning of August, 10 times what it normally receives.

I have challenged myself not to ask "what is the ice bucket challenge". So far, so good. Until they have the Punch A Mime In The Face Challenge, I'm really not that interested.

I have challenged myself not to ask "what is the ice bucket challenge". So far, so good. Until they have the Punch A Mime In The Face Challenge, I'm really not that interested.

"Hi, my name is Andrew Buzzetta and I have been nominated by a few members of CGC to punch a mime in the face. In lieu of punching a mime in the face, and possibly being detained, arrested and sued I have donated $10 to "The Human Fund". I challenge Dr. Balls to do the same."

Link to the Human Fund: HERE

PM me for further details.

"Hi, my name is Andrew Buzzetta and I have been nominated by a few members of CGC to punch a mime in the face. In lieu of punching a mime in the face, and possibly being detained, arrested and sued I have donated $10 to "The Human Fund". I challenge Dr. Balls to do the same."

Or he could donate here... www.alsa.org

I think there's a law that forgives assaults on mimes. :wishluck:

When is my Lou Gehrig movie going to have its own thread in CG?

I am not falling for that trap and losing five points.

I pay a lot more attention to the threads I start now that I'm in the "plus zone".

I'm sorry but this has become more of a fad than actually helping the charity. Seems that celebs are doing it just because

From Forbes...

But the ALS Association has since said that it has raised $15.6 million as a result of the challenge, nine times what it normally raises in the same time frame. Another ALS charity, Project ALS, told the Washington Post that its donations were 50 times normal. ALS TDI, another ALS charity, says that has raised $580,000 since the beginning of August, 10 times what it normally receives.

On the radio at lunch today, the station called the Canadian ALS society to ask this specific question because of people saying the above.

Lady said they had seen a spike of $600,000 since it went viral. My grandpa died of ALS in the 90s, and its an often overlooked disease. If celebrities want to have a fad, I'll take ALS donating charity videos over Twerking or Planking, etc. any day.

:popcorn: no one has challenged me yet :/

I may just post a video... "I wasn't challenged but I wanna spill ice over my body!!"

I figured everyone in the known world was challenged. That's sad. :(

Let's see your vid BAF :baiting:

lol Note Slayer, Angel of Death is playing in the background. :headbang:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/frank13254/773BA343-5B96-4816-8B8D-9BFBA0A313DF_zpsck8hx8br.mp4

Anyway, who's he going to tell?

Anyway, who's he going to tell?

It's like making fun of the Amish on the internet. How are they going to find out?

:popcorn: no one has challenged me yet :/

I may just post a video... "I wasn't challenged but I wanna spill ice over my body!!"

I figured everyone in the known world was challenged. That's sad. :(

Let's see your vid BAF :baiting:

lol Note Slayer, Angel of Death is playing in the background. :headbang:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/frank13254/773BA343-5B96-4816-8B8D-9BFBA0A313DF_zpsck8hx8br.mp4

:applause:

You're right... I'm sad lol