• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.X's Cheap Trashy Worthless Wizard Chicago Report

219 posts in this topic

I'm guessing I spoke with a lot of Boardies today, but just didn't know who.

Only made a couple pick ups today.

I made a trade at Bedrock Comics for a Tales of Suspense 48. I traded him an ASM298 cgc 9.6 plus some cash

Made a 1 for 1 trade with another dealer. I got a Teen Titans 1 and gave up a Journey Into Fear 2 cgc 4.0

Finally, I paid $25 for a water logged and heavily damaged Hulk 180. My plan is to cut out the Wolverine panel and frame it.

B58D2CB5-99AD-4FDF-8B5C-03AC997D5F21_zps8kmutary.jpg

Lots of walking today. I thought the selection of pre - hero books was very thin. Not a lot to choose from in my opinon. Bomber - Bob did snag a few high grade ones though.

It also never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be at these shows, even though today was very light traffic, and you would think some of the boxes had a possible gold coin in them for a prize.

Ran into Mysterio and Jaster and chatted with them a bit. And of course Greggy showed up and drooled on my shirt.

Picked up a few more high grade F.F. slabs today from Greg Reece. Also got a nice Strange Tales from Dale, plus a few more odds and ends. I'll post pics of my haul later.

Metro had a nice Action 1 for sale. Can you see the price sticker. :acclaim:

wizardthursday82114009.jpg

wizardthursday82114010.jpg