• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your obsession?

72 posts in this topic

Mine is Big John Buscema. I don't just collect original art by John I also wrote a book about him "John Buscema Michelangelo of Comics". I have almost 100 pages by Big John.

A close 2nd is Eduardo Barreto who is not as well know as John Buscema but a great artist himself. Love Eduardo's compositions and layouts.

(worship)

Who's your obsession?

Ever since I got my first Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover, I just can't stop obsessing about getting as many as I possibly can! :D

:devil:

Who's your obsession?

Ever since I got my first Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover, I just can't stop obsessing about getting as many as I possibly can! :D

:devil:

:mad: You're dead to me!

It was Tony Harris for the longest time (I have over 50 Starman pages by Harris, and had owned almost 100 Ex machina pages at one time) but right now it is tough to say if I have one or not. So that means I don't have one, by definition.

Traci Lords. :)

Man you're old :baiting: She was hot in like, 1990?

Well, better Traci Lords than Tracie Emin, that's what I always say (Tracie Emin's a dirty mentally-unhinged slob)! :jokealert:

Anyways . . . I was going to say, Scarlett Johansson, but I didn't want to upset you . . .

Nah, I've seen pictures of Tracie Emin, she seems to have a bed-head in most of them :gossip:

Just mentioning Scarlett's name gets you a little respect though, I gotta admit. I don't even think my wife would mind :gossip:

Curt Swan is my favorite, but I have only three pieces. I think they are pretty nice though. What I really want is a Swan/Klein Legion page. Once came up on Heritage recently, but it slipped away. Drat! :)

By volume, I have more art by Thom Zahler and Katie Cook than anyone else. I'd bet most of the folks on this list don't know who they are. :)

Like I said, a bed head. Maybe we are looking at that bed piece incorrectly... perhaps it should be entitled "Tracie's comb"

Regardless, I still think you should sell your EC art to buy a can of poop :gossip:

Like I said, a bed head. Maybe we are looking at that bed piece incorrectly... perhaps it should be entitled "Tracie's comb"

Regardless, I still think you should sell your EC art to buy a can of poop :gossip:

grail.jpg

GRAIL!!!

Thanks to Garf's comments yesterday, I dove deeply into research on abstract comics, no particular artist yet but I am very very intrigued but what I am finding....I'm sure I'll find a few artist I'll become obsessed with.....it's starting already.

I would say Jusko. However, some people expected me to go after more 92 Masterpieces but they have to be the right characters. I like a lot of other Marvel stuff Joe has done over the years.

I also really love Larkin and Norem stuff from the 70's through the 90's but don't often see the originals to the stuff I truly love.

Curt Swan is my favorite, but I have only three pieces. I think they are pretty nice though. What I really want is a Swan/Klein Legion page. Once came up on Heritage recently, but it slipped away. Drat! :)

By volume, I have more art by Thom Zahler and Katie Cook than anyone else. I'd bet most of the folks on this list don't know who they are. :)

I normally only buy published work, but I will happily throw money at Katie Cook just to watch her draw/paint her sketch cards.

:luhv: You know how I feel about that Superman pencil drawing. It's not always about quantity my friend, in fact it's usually not. :foryou: