• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your obsession?

72 posts in this topic

I envy the collectors that can choose just one name :facepalm:

Same here.

I'd say in terms of actually acquiring the art, Matt Kindt is my current focus.

Overall? I'm a shameless Simonson fanboy, but it isn't as if much of that has left his possession.

Mine has changed over the years and as of now, I am not sure I have one, but in the past it went from Stuart Sayger to Alex Ross to Dave McKean to Jeff Lemire to Paul Pope, but I have never had more than 10 pieces by any of these artists at one time... though I have likely accumulated over 10 of three of these artists over time. I really am trying to have just one piece by each artist I love that I would like to frame and present, but I find that very, very hard.

Mine is Big John Buscema. I don't just collect original art by John I also wrote a book about him "John Buscema Michelangelo of Comics". I have almost 100 pages by Big John.

A close 2nd is Eduardo Barreto who is not as well know as John Buscema but a great artist himself. Love Eduardo's compositions and layouts.