• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Summer pickups - Art Day

6 posts in this topic

Decided to skip SDCC this year, instead took the family to Florida for a few weeks, just to hang and relax. But I just couldn't very well come back home empty handed so I picked these up.

Gene Day - Master of Kung Fu #100 pages #7 & #10.

MOKF is probably my favorite Bronze-Age series, loved it as a kid and loved it when I reread the entire series as an adult. I like the Zeck issues, but Gene Day has always been the man for me, easily one of my all-time favorite artists. He was such a strong graphic designer and his love for architecture really shows on these two pages.

Gene Day - Master of Kung Fu #100 p10

Gene Day - Master of Kung Fu #100 p7

Also managed to bring this one back with me :

John Byrne - Fantastic Four #250 page #21

I loved this issue when I picked it up from the stands back in late 1982, this was Marvel Comics at the top of its game. Among me and my friends this was one of our favorite comics of all time. It was a blast I managed to get a page from this book.

John Byrne pitches the two teams he was most celebrated for against each other; FF versus the Uncanny X-men (or Skrulls pretending to be X-men).

This particular page features 4 big panels with all-out action featuring Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Spider-man and even Gladiator. After staring at it all day I have a strong urge to reread the entire John Byrne FF-run. Man those were some good comics. (worship)

Fantastic Four #250 page 21 FF versus X-men

Good stuff...wish they would reprint the MOKF stuff as I'd really like to read more of the series given all the great art that people have been posting lately!

MOKF is so great...too bad it looks like Marvel won't ever reprint it, having lost the rights to Fu Manchu and all the Sax Rohmer characters. Then again, they could always rename him as The Yellow Claw hm

Oh, btw did you see both are new pages got in the CAF top-ten of most viewed pages this week :applause: