• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The (NG) grade for coverless books

28 posts in this topic

I like the .3 for coverless and .1 for coverless/missing wraps.

Somebody should use that scale one day.

Your coverless Marvel #1 sure would look good slabbed with a .3 in the upper left corner... :whistle:

I was thinking the same thing... hm

I like what some one else here said,grade on the 10 point scale. Should the pages look 7.0 give it a C-7.0 etc.

The reason I like this method is that the coverless book is the STORY,a big part of the reason we keep coming back and buying them.Sure the covers are fantastic but I have alway's considered the entire slabed graded comic as the entire grade.

This is the reason the coverless has to have more grading value than (NG).This designation leaves me flat and doesn't help the hobby progress.

Coverless books and restored books are the next poor man's collectable because most of us won't be able to afford the 2 door chevy and end up with a 4 door.

I contacted CGC last week via their web site and expressed my opinion on the new (NG) designation,still no response from them.

Maybe if others also sent them their concerns or dislike for it they would some day change it.Hey,they made the decision to go (NG) recently maybe they will change again one day.