• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG APPLE CON 20TH ANNIVERSARY! Penn Plaza Pavilion, NYC, March 7 2015

63 posts in this topic

THE AMAZING 20TH-ANNIVERSARY RETURN OF MIKE CARBO'S BIG APPLE CONVENTION! NYC's longest-running comic book/sci-fi/fantasy/horror/pop culture convention returns to Penn Plaza Pavilion on March 7, 2015! Celebrity guests, comic book legends and up-and-comers, the world-class dealer room, the costume contest, special panels and 20th anniversary programming will fill the Penn Plaza Pavilion! Special advance tickets are only $15! Watch this space for upcoming announcements! http://www.nycbm.com/

After the success of NY Wintercon, the Big Apple Convention is hitting the ground running! New guests have been added, and more guests and programming and prizes for the costume contest will be announced soon!

The latest guests are:

Bill Plympton, award-winning cartoonist and animator

James O'Barr, creator of The Crow

Chris Harrelson, featured “walker” on “The Walking Dead”

Tickets are now available at http://www.nycbm.com. There will be special early-entry VIP tickets on sale soon!

Hey, Carbo saw an opportunity and is still running with it all these years later. I was sad to see the church go as well though, it was cozy and cool. I remember being very puzzled the first time I found it, although I knew what I was looking for it was still a shock to see. Then to Penn Plaza Pavilion, a place that seems to suck the soul right out of the event at no fault to Mike or the show runners. It is a weird barren building, even when full.

Worst venue for a show I have ever been to. Why go back there?

I don't like the location either (it needs to be fixed) but it's most likely due to cost effectiveness. The last space they held this con was a bit tight. At least at this location, I can walk around without feeling claustrophobic.