• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many comic books do you own?

24 posts in this topic

It seems a lot of GA collectors only focus on GA and maybe some SA, hence they have collections of relatively modest size. That ain't me. I'm not going to spend a week counting, but I probably have 50,000 books, from GA to present. Still buy about 50 or more new titles every month, mostly Marvel and DC. How many books do you guys have?

When I saw the title I thought. . Cool. . Let's see how many people have and I'll answer too

But I can see the usual baloney has quickly taken the thread off course so I also won't bother.

ok ok...even though the thread title sounds more like a spoon measuring stick and has been asked a bunch a times in my single year here on the boards albeit in comics general I guess I can be serious...BTW hopefully no offense was taken by the OP i was just using my crystal ball to guess where this thread was gonna go :foryou:

I would like to throw it out there my number was pretty accurate if you multiply it by about 3 or so...a little over 1k is about right give or take a few funny books!! no harm no foul I am usually not too sarcastic on the boards but we had some great Homemade Tacos tonight and I am feeling kinda Spicy!! my apologies if you were offended good sir...carry on :)

When I saw the title I thought. . Cool. . Let's see how many people have and I'll answer too

But I can see the usual baloney has quickly taken the thread off course so I also won't bother.

ok ok...even though the thread title sounds more like a spoon measuring stick and has been asked a bunch a times in my single year here on the boards albeit in comics general I guess I can be serious...BTW hopefully no offense was taken by the OP i was just using my crystal ball to guess where this thread was gonna go :foryou:

I would like to throw it out there my number was pretty accurate if you multiply it by about 3 or so...a little over 1k is about right give or take a few funny books!! no harm no foul I am usually not too sarcastic on the boards but we had some great Homemade Tacos tonight and I am feeling kinda Spicy!! my apologies if you were offended good sir...carry on :)

I am deeply offended. :grin:

I am deeply offended. :grin:

:o NOOOOOOO!!! lol (thumbs u

Two to three hundred 40s and 50s books, mostly Atlas or pre-code crime. Maybe a thousand or so undergrounds from the 60s to present. Several thousand copper/modern books mostly indy, dark horse or vertigo type stuff. I try to keep it down to one stuffed closet.

1000 copper from growing up in the 70's and 80's....

and 300 or so GA that I've bought in the last 5-6 years

my question to myself is what top 100 will I collect (Planets, EC or Baker)

versus what 10 will I invest in... and what will the overlap be?

I'm guessing I'm at the point of needing to narrow the focus...

I haven't even tried to count in the past decade or so. 20,000 is somewhere in the ballpark; I would guess between 1000-2000 pre-code and 2000-2500 or so SA books. I just can't bring myself to get rid of books, I've probably sold less than 200 comics in my life and I've been collecting for 35 years now, 28 of those seriously. So that's well under 1000 a year; and at least 25% of that is quarter/dollar bin stuff. (It's amazing how many now valuable books I've gotten out of the cheap bins, not infrequently after they've jumped in value.)

I would rather have 100 vg reader books than 1 9.6 in a slab. It's just storing it all that's a pain.

At last count I just passed the 22,000 mark. I also still buy books each week. DCBS gives great discounts, and I get 80% of my books through them. So I split my $$$ between new issues and back issues, and most of those end up being LB Cole covers.