• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.9 and 10 grades not considered in low value tiers?

31 posts in this topic

Was just trying to say I don't know,or think so.I did mention old label as well,in case things had changed.I only have maybe a dozen slabs and more than half are old ones,this would be my only modernish one.

Jimmers

Was just trying to say I don't know,or think so.I did mention old label as well,in case things had changed.I only have maybe a dozen slabs and more than half are old ones,this would be my only modernish one.

Jimmers

Hmm will be interesting to see what the answer is.

Does the OP's question relate to CGC not ever grading a book in those lower tiers as worthy of 9.9/10 grades

OR

Is the information he received relative to CGC reassessing the fair market value when sometimes re-determining a fee for their service?

ie - a submitted book like NM 98 gets a 9.9 & they reassess their fees for grading a 12K book

:insane:

Is it correct that cgc only considers grades equal to or below 9.8 when you submitt books under low value tiers?

If so what tiers? And where is this stated on their web site / terms of service?

This was news to me.

Who on earth comes up with this stuff? Total nonsense.

Is it correct that cgc only considers grades equal to or below 9.8 when you submitt books under low value tiers?

If so what tiers? And where is this stated on their web site / terms of service?

This was news to me.

Who on earth comes up with this stuff? Total nonsense.

Geez. Might as well put $$$ in the pages.

I mean if they handed out grades based on tier rather than the true grade that would be a dishonest business practice.

Ok, well it seems popular opinion is no.

I wonder why world wide comics state it as a fact on their homepage.

A quick visit there can pretty much figure out the *why* to your question. The comic book hobby is not immune to competitive misinformation. He could be getting preferential treatment. He could have an axe to grind with CGC. He may just want to curry favor by promoting someone's company. There's many different reasons why someone would float heresay information as fact on behalf of a company they don't own.

On the upside, this feels a lot like the Monday Night Wars in wrestling - which will be kinda cool.

This is a very strange quote from WW Comics webpage:

CBCS is considering 9.9 and 10.0 in all tiers, not just the higher priced tiers. This is huge for that market as there are many 9.9 and 10.0 comics in 9.8 CGC cases that were not considered for these grades due to the tier they were submitted under.

This is a very strange quote from WW Comics webpage:

CBCS is considering 9.9 and 10.0 in all tiers, not just the higher priced tiers. This is huge for that market as there are many 9.9 and 10.0 comics in 9.8 CGC cases that were not considered for these grades due to the tier they were submitted under.

I received a 9.9 book back on an Economy sub a couple of years ago - this all sounds like sour grapes on WW's side.