• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Lebowski, TJ Powell

177 posts in this topic

I didn't know T.J., but we did have some brief correspondence. Of all things, we had a connection when it came to a certain female character. I was on the hunt for a Little Dot comic for my better half. T.J. had the goods and told me to just send him shipping and that would do it. An unexpected, kind gesture that I didn't forget. And we shared some humorous musings on both of us living in the South of the U.S.

As many others have echoed, may he rest in peace, and may his family & close friends be comforted in all seasons that lie ahead.

For everyone that asked to be kept in the loop about a fundraiser to help out TJ's family, we wanted to make you aware of this thread.

T.J. Powell (Lebowski) Fundraiser

Please take a look at the first post in this thread, as it will explain the situation and what we are looking to do in order to help out during this challenging time. Whether you are looking to contribute through purchases or donations, or just to stop by and provide support through kind words, all are welcome.

Thanks everyone for your kindness.

:foryou:

For anyone that didn't get a chance to help out with the Lebowski Fundraiser and was wondering if there was anything still available, here is a link to the thread recap.

Lebowski Fundraiser Recap #10

With my two listings, if you are needing to offer a little less due to a tight budget, no worries. Just send me a PM and see what we can work out. Everything helps.

Thanks to all.

:foryou:

I haven't really been able to comment. This has been a blow to the gut. I never met TJ in person despite me living in GA for a while and we always had plans to meet up for a Dragon con or a drink. I wish I made that drive. I've looked over our long running PM threads and so many posts of his made me laugh. This was sent to me via PM after we had agreed yet again to meet so he could drive me around in his new Corolla.

otters_zps206b1943.jpg

and of course there were his crank PMs where he would send me messages and immediately remove himself from topic. I don't think I've ever missed anyone, especially someone I haven't been face to face with but I miss TJ.

Man, I don't post here much anymore and this news has only just hit me... TJ was one of the most welcoming members here when I joined and someone I got to know a little a while back.. RIP Mate, you will be missed :(

No.. that's not enough. TJ was a great person.. and someone I really hoped I would have a chance to meet. He was friendly, welcoming.. and more than helpful. He helped me, with no expectation of return. He was great. I am at a loss. TJ - you will be missed.

Just found this thread myself.

I never knew him, only the name at the top of the Maxx registry. I PMed him a couple of times about his collection and he was cordial and welcoming.

So sad to see someone young go so early.

Condolences to everyone he had touched.