• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Lebowski, TJ Powell

177 posts in this topic

And btw...HEY BOSS!!! TJ sent that book to me, for signing. I'm there, immortalized with my friends, and it makes me incredibly happy to remember it now. Great memory that I hadn't thought of in ages. Thank you so much for posting about it Bosco!!! ;)

:foryou:

Hang in there, Kathryn. I'm using this place to chat and keep my mind steady more than anything else.

I'll find out where that book went to. But if it is with Beau's widow, then it is at the right place. It would just be great to confirm this in memory of both TJ and Beau.

Thank you, Nick. Take care of yourself, ok?

Hey Boss - I would just like to hear that it's safe and sound :). Actually I'd also kind of like to see a few pics too, lol...

I was just rereading some of my PMs with TJ from years ago...kind of makes me feel better actually.

Just so everyone knows that has offered assistance to TJ's family during this very challenging time, I am waiting for Chris/Slackjaw to come back from the wake and funeral. We need to lock down a straightforward way to get any funds directly to the family so we limit any confusion. Thanks for everyone's patience while we work through this while also grieving for our friend.

Very sorry to hear that TJ is gone. :( He was a great guy by all accounts.

Good to hear from you, Kathryn. Sorry that it's under these circumstances. I miss the old WDC forum.

I'll check back for details on fundraising.

-Dave

Just so everyone knows that has offered assistance to TJ's family during this very challenging time, I am waiting for Chris/Slackjaw to come back from the wake and funeral. We need to lock down a straightforward way to get any funds directly to the family so we limit any confusion. Thanks for everyone's patience while we work through this while also grieving for our friend.

Thank you guys for handling this. I will keep checking in over here for further info. And I'm so glad Chris was able to make it to the service...been thinking about TJ all day today.

Very sorry to hear that TJ is gone. :( He was a great guy by all accounts.

Good to hear from you, Kathryn. Sorry that it's under these circumstances. I miss the old WDC forum.

I'll check back for details on fundraising.

-Dave

Thank you Dave, it's good to hear from you too! I miss the WDC days very much as well. Good times, good friends.

Although not located yet, someone shared a photo of the HEY BOSS book after it made a few trips from forumite to forumite.

mop8fTOl.jpg

:cloud9:

Nick, thank you for posting this here, it belongs in this thread. I was so happy to see this pic.

TJ sent the book to me with no warning, which as I recall was the proper "protocol". He laughed his azz off at me when I expressed my disgust with how awful the book was. I remember that I left it cooling on the shelf for a good week or two after it arrived. He kept having to prod me along into reading it, and after I finally did, we spoke on the phone about how awful it was. I remember that despite my silly attitude, I was secretly very happy to be included :). It's a fun memory to look back on. Little things like this are consoling, right now.

Such sad news, when I first started here on the boards I was lucky enough to bump into TJ he helped me get some graded SS books for me at a great deal after that we where great friends ever since, :angel: my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family R.I.P. TJ (worship)

I remember that TJ Powell was the biggest Goon fan around. He had a great SS Goon collection. I remember him joking about how he thought it was interesting how Eric Powell and himself had the same last names.

I wish I had gotten to know him better. :(

Such sad news, when I first started here on the boards I was lucky enough to bump into TJ he helped me get some graded SS books for me at a great deal after that we where great friends ever since, :angel: my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family R.I.P. TJ (worship)

I remember that TJ Powell was the biggest Goon fan around. He had a great SS Goon collection. I remember him joking about how he thought it was interesting how Eric Powell and himself had the same last names.

TJ was a big Goon fan and bought several Goon books from me. Does anyone know if he was able to find that particular Goon page he was looking for? I had exchanged several PMs with him about that page he was on the hunt for.

Again, my thoughts are with his family and good friends. :foryou:

TJ was a big Goon fan and bought several Goon books from me. Does anyone know if he was able to find that particular Goon page he was looking for? I had exchanged several PMs with him about that page he was on the hunt for.

Again, my thoughts are with his family and good friends. :foryou:

Not sure which page he was looking for but he bought some very early Goon artwork from me along with one of the covers.