• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Lebowski, TJ Powell

177 posts in this topic

That book traveling/signing was fun - what did happen to it?

:popcorn:

Let me reach out to Pat Bollin and check. He and TJ picked up a massive amount of comic books from Beau's storage when they were raising money. This book may have ended up in the pile.

I hope it is still in Pat's possession.

RIP brother.

is anyone taking a collection for his family?

pm me if so.

thanks

_w

Coordination with his brother is taking place. I didn't want to say anything until some details were worked out. But I have had a few forumites mention they want to offer assistance to TJ's family.

RIP brother.

pm me if so.

thanks

_w

Coordination with his brother is taking place. I didn't want to say anything until some details were worked out. But I have had a few forumites mention they want to offer assistance to TJ's family.

keep me in that loop as well.

This very sad to hear. The other day, I was actually thinking that I had not seen a post from him. A customer has the license plate "LBOWSKI" and it made me think of him.

My interaction was limited but I do know he was a positive force on this forum. His absence will be felt.

:foryou: To all the family and friends

RIP brother.

pm me if so.

thanks

_w

keep me in that loop as well.

Will do!

:foryou:

The kidding that went on between TJ and Beau when it came to practical jokes and photo modifications were just a small sample of what made these two great people to know and be considered a true friend.

One funny thing they did with a number of board members is at some point in their back-and-forth sharing of bad comics, someone dug up what was considered the worst comic book ever published. Hey Boss!

Mwm0366l.jpg

They would send this to a board member with a letter outlining how you had just been gifted this experience to read this book. Once you had completely read this from front to back, you had to share your 'love' for this book by sending them a PM outlining your experience and reaction after reading it. Then, after signing the front cover, you had the pleasure of passing this along to the next board member - rinse and repeat.

lol

I sent it on to Comicopolis and Gav so this fine piece of work experienced a little international travel. Once that book came back to me, it was passed along to Beau so he could submit it into CGC for a fine Qualified slabbage. The front cover was just swamped with signatures. I'd love to know where that book ended up later on.

Two clowns I will always miss. Those are the positive memories I will focus on more than anything else. They helped make this place worth coming to every day they were around.

:cloud9:

fACIFhwl.gif

So talented.And so kind.

Im sure they are in heaven giving God a hot foot.

I don't post here much anymore, but I just wanted to say that I too will miss TJ, one of the first people I met on the boards that I actually got to know well enough to talk to on the boards. TJ wasn't for everyone, but I found his sense of humor to be amazing. He didn't make me laugh out loud, but he made me think and I appreciated that. He was kind and I still have a few books that he'd sent me that I still need to read. TJ really cared and I'll miss him.

My heart goes out to Chris, Gary, and Steve- you guys were much closer to TJ than I was. I can't imagine what you're going through now. If you need anything, please let me know. I know that many of you were also close friends of TJs and I hope the best for you as well.

I haven't posted over here in a long time, but I felt I had to come say something. This is where I "met " TJ. We became great friends. Although I know he had many, many friends (he was that kind of guy), I would've put him up there with my closest friends in a heartbeat. I loved him like he was my older, smarter, know it all brother.

It's heartbreaking that he is gone. Still beyond belief, even though I've known for days now. I keep thinking it will get easier but it feels harder. He was a bright light in this world.

Thank you for letting me post this, even though I'm no longer an active participant over here. I remember my time here very fondly, all the friends that I made. I saw many familiar names in this thread and I'm glad he is so well remembered.

And btw...HEY BOSS!!! TJ sent that book to me, for signing. I'm there, immortalized with my friends, and it makes me incredibly happy to remember it now. Great memory that I hadn't thought of in ages. Thank you so much for posting about it Bosco!!! ;)