• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Masters of Anatomy

75 posts in this topic

Just wondering what artists and fans thought of their contributors list. (long list, down left-hand navigation bar)

Kickstarter: Masters of Anatomy

Apparently there's some pent-up demand for good reference books, reaching 2,663% of their initial requested funding.

Looks like a broad spectrum of comic book, game designers, illustrators, both male & female artists.

Thoughts?

J. Scott Campbell cover and his photo reference model.

8b154015f2f13986-JScottCampbell_08.jpg

Why even use reference? He completely lost the relaxed natural body pose.....

Yes she's like stiffly sitting forward in some weird way. Artists often have trouble drawing people sitting-they tend to place figures like colorforms over furniture. (see LIEFELD)

Isn't this still in print?

hogarda.gif

(shrug)

I have a copy and use it a lot

Yeah, when I clicked on about "The Book" I saw...

Andrew Loomis created the Ideal Male and Female references over 70 years ago and since then generations of artists have used them to understand the complex proportions of human anatomy. But while the art world has evolved dramatically, these classic references have remained unchanged. We believe it's time for a refresh.

Sorry fellas, "refresh" all you want, but Andrew Loomis has stood the test of time for a reason. Ditto for Hogarth.