• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventures of Superman #500 - Removing cover sticker

9 posts in this topic

If I remove the sticker on the front cover of Adventures of Superman #500:

AdventuresofSuperman500CollectorsEdition-Poly-bagremovedwithsticker.jpg

so it looks like:

AdventuresofSuperman500CollectorsEdition-Poly-bagremovedwithoutsticker.jpg

...and submit it to CGC. Will this affect the grade? Qualified? Or perhaps a note at the top that says "sticker removed?"

Yes, it will affect the grade (probably pretty significantly since you're removing part of the cover) and it will still get a universal label but it will be noted in the comments that the film is missing

Edit: I stand corrected, this would get the Qualified label.

I prefer the cover with the sticker removed because it increases signature placement/sketch options. I assume they put a removable sticker on the cover for a reason, I just never understood why.

Jonathan's arm only appears on the film. My guess was it was an attempt to make it semi-transparent to illustrate him "reaching through to the other side" and didn't expect people to want to remove it even though it is very easy to do.

I was instructed to remove the cling before grading and got 9.8 blue, the first two sales on gpa were mine. They reevaluated later in the year. I was compensated for the book that was qualified as they did not inform me of the change.