• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman: Harley Quinn #1 (1999)

7 posts in this topic

I picked up this book from a fellow boardie not too long ago and just wanted to see what people's opinions were on comic grades for 'prestige format' books. I've been wondering how much 'reading creases' affect CGC grading of the book so I thought I post the pics for people here to chime in on.

hq201_zpsce51e05f.jpg

hq202_zpsf3d2a6cc.jpg

The only defect at all are the reading creases, so I was wondering how that would effect the grade of the book.

Would appreciate any input :)

I've seen a few 9.8's with a very slight...and i mean VERY slight reading crease. Yours seems to go almost the entire length of the book....also, looks like you have a dog ear on the bottom rear corner.

I'm gonna say 9.4....with a good chance of a 9.6

Thanks for the input everyone! Yeah the 'dog ear' is actually the artwork, though since someone mentioned it I went back and checked and did notice a non color breaking crease near the area (which I believe a press would fix). Nice to know it's still a NM copy even with the creases. Black covers are always a bummer since it's so easy to make out defects. But I love the book and don't plan on getting it cgc'd so it still presents amazing :)