• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To whatever moderator moved my thread

17 posts in this topic

the interpretation of the (I think unwritten) rules/guidelines about the board being used to "promote" competitors was never enforced because the competition (PgeeX) was laughable, so it wasn't a threat.

now there's potentially truly viable competition, and they dont want to see the new competition's books getting posted here, so they start enforcing the rule across the boards. No PgeeX, no anything...

It's a site run for and paid for by cgc. I know I wouldn't allow posting of a competitors "product"

Yeah, I'd say this is the position to start from. Given that, any stuff they allow is either missed or just leniency, and not to be taken as a norm.

the interpretation of the (I think unwritten) rules/guidelines about the board being used to "promote" competitors was never enforced because the competition (PgeeX) was laughable, so it wasn't a threat.

now there's potentially truly viable competition, and they dont want to see the new competition's books getting posted here, so they start enforcing the rule across the boards. No PgeeX, no anything...

That could be it. I posted a thread the other day in CG about how the existence of a competitor might affect the registry, and it got deep-sixed within minutes.