• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

If there's a comic that's priced you can buy it. Or you can start negotiating and things can go sideways. If someone walk in to a store with Action #1 and the store offers to buy it for $500 and the guy says how about $600 then someone else steps up and says thats a million dollar book is the guy obligated to sell it for the $600?

What makes this frustrating to decipher is that not only do both stories not corroborate but it seems that details were left out of at least one account. Possibly both.

I agree that this is now becoming a 'he said / she said' discussion.

THIS.

Both Venom and Montreal have failed to provide a comprehensive and concise timeline of the events - And I doubt we will ever get them to line up anyways.

...And we have boardies choosing sides, debating possible scenarios and circumstances, which helps to further muddy the waters.

I wonder why Venom did not disclose he ended up buying from them if he was so :mad: with them in his initial post and I am also left (shrug) how the re-pricing of the book actually transpired.

I don't think either party is coming out unscathed. Too bad because, if I at least have this part right, a successful transaction did occur between the two of them.

I don't think the fact that he bought the book in the end is even relevant to tell the truth. The issue is why and at what point did the dealer raise the price of the book and not whether or not the book was ultimately purchased.

The fact is both parties agree there was no offer and acceptance before the price change. No deal had been made, no reneging occured.

What I don't understand is this:

If the OP was so annoyed at the seller for jacking up the price of the comic, why did they still continue with the transaction? There are countless copies of that book available on eBay and the internet, and probably also at that show. Why give the guy money to the person who you thought wronged you?

+1

If he brought the book then to me he and the dealer both got what they were looking for.

If he would have stated originally that he had the book we would not be even close to this far.I have dealt with the dealer in question,and never had any problems.Never anything huge,but never any issues.

Not choosing sides,but it would have been nice if we knew he had not walked away empty handed.

What makes this frustrating to decipher is that not only do both stories not corroborate but it seems that details were left out of at least one account. Possibly both.

I agree that this is now becoming a 'he said / she said' discussion.

THIS.

Both Venom and Montreal have failed to provide a comprehensive and concise timeline of the events - And I doubt we will ever get them to line up anyways.

...And we have boardies choosing sides, debating possible scenarios and circumstances, which helps to further muddy the waters.

I wonder why Venom did not disclose he ended up buying from them if he was so :mad: with them in his initial post and I am also left (shrug) how the re-pricing of the book actually transpired.

I don't think either party is coming out unscathed. Too bad because, if I at least have this part right, a successful transaction did occur between the two of them.

I don't think the fact that he bought the book in the end is even relevant to tell the truth. The issue is why and at what point did the dealer raise the price of the book and not whether or not the book was ultimately purchased.

I do see it as being somewhat relevant and wonder why that tidbit was left out of the initial post. Just raises more questions.

As for who was where and who was doing what when the re-pricing occurred, I don't think we will get the two sides to agree how it went down, so ultimately, we are at a "he said, he said".

The negotiations were ongoing. The dealer can lower or raise the price during this phase of the operation as he sees fit.

So if I listed a book for sale on here for $300. You shoot me a PM asking if I'll do a cash/trade. I respond back and say, "No. For this book, I don't want to do a trade." You send back a PM and say, "Okay, I'll do the $300." And you're absolutely okay if I responded by saying, "You know what? This book is worth more than that. The price is now $800."

Symbiotic thinks that is fine,no?

lol

Which side are we pitchforking now?

Pitchfork everyone.

Actually pitchfork the dealer that was walking around the Mike Carbo show earlier this year barefoot. That was simply weird and uncalled for.

In no was is Venom's buying that book (or another FF #45) germane to the discussion of whether the seller was right or wrong. It is, however, telling of what some collectors do (myself included) to get what they want, including likely bending their scruples a little bit.