• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

Harley's not cheap and one needs to examine a book carefully to see if it is worthy of its grade and price -- but he has books that others do not. hm

You can understand his little grading scale he uses? All kidding aside Harley is one awesome dude. :cool:

I bought a couple of books from Harley years ago but nothing within the last five. Even when I am "just looking" Harley is a great guy, pretty knowledgable and a fixture at all of these cons for a reason.

I have no gripe, displeasure of anything bad to say about Harvey the dealer or the man.

I just wish he would get a website.

I can't help thinking that 'if' the buyer and seller had been more creative they could have worked this out. I'm sure the dealer would have come down, way down from 800, especially given the circumstances. Technically they were still negotiating. He could have said 'Look, I underpriced the book, I need a little more in trade'.

BTW, while I've not had a dealer raise a price on me, I have had them say they are going to keep the book, put it up in auction, hang onto it until the movie, etc..

If the book was $300, and the dealer raised it all the way to $800, as a buyer I would have no reason to believe he would go down (especially "way" down) from that number.

Seller prices a comic up at $300.

Then when you're trying to make a deal, the seller quickly looks up ebay to see if he's selling to cheap?

You offer sticker price, seller says it's $500 more now, lol, and some of you think that's okay?

If the comics had been swapped over, then he should have said someones swapped them at the time, but why would he have to look at ebay to know this?

Now what if it was a buy it now on ebay for $300, you hit the buy it now, but never paid as was waiting for invoice and seller sent cancelation of transaction, sorry wrong price, and re-listed it to $800?????

Odd that they had a discussion about inhumans-gate without knowing a controversy existed. Why would it be a topic of discussion?

Not odd that their story was the same as told there and here.

lol

Seller prices a comic up at $300.

Then when you're trying to make a deal, the seller quickly looks up ebay to see if he's selling to cheap?

You offer sticker price, seller says it's $500 more now, lol, and some of you think that's okay?

If the comics had been swapped over, then he should have said someones swapped them at the time, but why would he have to look at ebay to know this?

Now what if it was a buy it now on ebay for $300, you hit the buy it now, but never paid as was waiting for invoice and seller sent cancelation of transaction, sorry wrong price, and re-listed it to $800?????

It sounds like he priced out the books to determine if the trade made sense or how much to ask for additional cash. I doubt he has time to price out each book while manning a booth at a convention. I think it was wise of him to look up the going price of the NM 98 if he was unfamiliar and I guess I would have checked the Fantastic Four 45 while I was on GPA. He noticed the error and declined the cash/trade offer. He then did the right thing and worked out a deal with the buyer which lowered his price from $800 to $500 ($300 cash plus two New Mutants 98s) which all be it higher than $300 is much lower than his initial price. We all hope errors never happen but it sounds like it all worked out with everyone meeting in the middle.

With your example on E-Bay - its more like you put a Counter Offer of $280 on the $300 book. Guy declines and takes the book down due to an error in the listing. If you hit the BIN and the guy does not ship the books then you have every right to Neg him and bash him in public but a BIN was never hit.

Hi cool,

that's not how it sounds from what the original poster said, maybe I missed something later on, as there are quite a lot of posts here now.

My only point was, venom said he was willing to pay the full price, so assumed it was already priced?

"Yesterday I went to fan expo, had my eye on a nice book, I negotiated with one of the workers and finally decided I would be willing to pay full price as it was becoming a hassle. We cut a deal for 300 dollars, as I am ready to pay I am told wait hold on. After I had made a deal one of the other members behind the booth was looking up all ebay prices, I was not entirely sure what he was doing at first until I was told after I had made a deal that the price was no longer 300 instead it is now 800. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Harley pays well if you are selling, and I find he is fair to deal with. I do trades when we hook up at shows in Calgary.

I give Harley a (thumbs u

He had nice bright ASM Annual 1 that he was calling VF

Ue5EWwR.jpg

Can't remember his original price, but I did a cash/trade deal with him for an ASM 121CGC 9.4 that I brought for trade bait.

I believe we both went home happy. :cloud9:

Harley sometimes asks big money for books but he gets it.

Harley is the best.

People go to a show saying "I need to buy __ book" and usually Harley is the only one who has one.

The best example is Fan Expo 2014 - my friend has been looking for a Millie the Model #1 for three years. Went to Harley, Harley had it, bought it. Think it was $800 or $700 or something. Tough book. Harley is the true comic hunter.

Harley sometimes asks big money for books but he gets it.

Harley is the best.

People go to a show saying "I need to buy __ book" and usually Harley is the only one who has one.

The best example is Fan Expo 2014 - my friend has been looking for a Millie the Model #1 for three years. Went to Harley, Harley had it, bought it. Think it was $800 or $700 or something. Tough book. Harley is the true comic hunter.

Harley sold me.my highest grade TTA #48 25 ish years ago....and he remembers!

He is a king.