• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer changing the price

671 posts in this topic

I noticed the thread was pretty long, I seldom often on the site, a friend dealer made me aware of the thread,but I felt its necessary to do so in this case,

Im not asking anyone to choose sides here, But I think it was fair to give my side of the story on how the story went down.

Also some posts seem to mix Major Comics with Comicage, we are 2 different exhibitors.

Thanks

Well to be fair you weren't at the booth for the initial talks and you priced a raw book at slab prices-that doesn't look good

If I were to do a buyers rating/ranking I would note that you are intimidating to sellers.

If you were nicer I'm sure he would have sold you the book.

I'm not sure attitude would have anything to do with it-he seems to feel the book is worth 800

This post was directed to foolkiller, not the seller.

Raw VF-VF+'s sell for about 400

I sold a raw VF FF #45 for $650 8/15, had it priced at $750 so I'm not sure where you are pulling this price out of.

Perusing sold listings on ebay I saw several like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-4-45-VF-NM-comic-Dragon-Man-Paves-The-Way-For-The1st-Inhumans-/301238081622?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4623305856&nma=true&si=aRt6FXDJNjzpRrXM0rIH5cB4o8Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well to be fair you weren't at the booth for the initial talks and you priced a raw book at slab prices-that doesn't look good

Raw books and slabbed books sell for similar prices all the time. There is no delineating line.

The tighter the grading of the dealer who is selling the book, the more he is going to get for his book.

Now I'm not going to name names but someone in this thread has received naked pictures of me through text because they didn't answer there phone...

I would just like to say that I went through all of these books. Anyone that thinks I wouldn't have bought a first inhumans for $300 in VF+ is high.

Raw VF-VF+'s sell for about 400

I sold a raw VF FF #45 for $650 8/15, had it priced at $750 so I'm not sure where you are pulling this price out of.

Perusing sold listings on ebay I saw several like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FANTASTIC-FOUR-4-45-VF-NM-comic-Dragon-Man-Paves-The-Way-For-The1st-Inhumans-/301238081622?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4623305856&nma=true&si=aRt6FXDJNjzpRrXM0rIH5cB4o8Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Someone hit the BIN. Could have been an ungraded book that sold too cheap. It's not conclusive enough.

If I were to do a buyers rating/ranking I would note that you are intimidating to sellers.

If you were nicer I'm sure he would have sold you the book.

I'm not sure attitude would have anything to do with it-he seems to feel the book is worth 800

This post was directed to foolkiller, not the seller.

FK is intimidating?

Yup, that's a VF/NM Ebay listing with that nice big crease along the bottom staple.

What's the Ebay - rule 3X the real grade these days?

God I hope you don't grade like the listing you just posted.

So maybe Oscar is grading 3X real grade???

LETS SEE THE BOOK

Based on the new post the only person who should be upset is the guy who tried to do the cash/trade deal.

Instead of getting cute he should have walked up, looked at the book, paid the $300 and walked away with the book.

Then we wouldn't be having this discussion and Major comics would have been talking to himself that he priced it wrong because he hasn't been keeping up with the hot movie books which is the bottom line to all of this.

Same thing has happened to me when all you "Forum guys" nail my website for 3 of the same book.

As if I don't know what you are doing.