• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #29 Allentown Copy

35 posts in this topic

I was recently asked if I had a pic of the Detective Comics #29 Allentown copy. I scanned the book when it was raw back in 1999. I figured I'd post the scan for all to enjoy. :)

West

Detective29AT_zps61709fe2.jpg

West, is that a slight dust shadow on the top left?

Looks every bit 9.4 and depending on that shadow with the book in hand, even 9.6.

Stunning book! It probably looks even better in person since scanner resolution in '99 wasn't as good as it is now,

Having seen it raw, it does look better in person, representing the best of the Allentown collection.

Looks every bit 9.4 and depending on that shadow with the book in hand, even 9.6.

It was graded and given an old-label 9.6.

It was graded and given an old-label 9.6.

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/gallerydetail.php?item=128549

That's a beautiful copy but the off-white pages surprised me so I just looked at Heritage's past Allentown auctions and don't think I saw one white pager of the 20 they showed.

Does anyone know if that's normal for this pedigree?