• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOON! Patrick Warburton (The Tick) and crew coming back?

122 posts in this topic

I watched it last night, i'd give it a 6/10.

The 2nd half of the episode is much better than the 1st half for sure.

It gave off a very "wilfred" vibe, if you've seen that show with Frodo in it (can't think of his real name at the moment).

I dig trying new things with characters, and this is something different for sure.

'Wilfred' - man, it has been a long time since I have seen that show.

So is that the intent here in conveying The Tick may be in his sidekick's imagination? Hmmm.

I'd say it was clear the tick is real by the way the episode played out. But the dry delivery and twitchy nuances of the actor that played Arthur really reminded me of Wilfred.

Watching The Tick Returns Right Now!!! Woot! Woot!

https://t.co/0NXVvGWeN8

...wait...what kind of suit is that in the suitcase???

Oh you'll see. :popcorn:

Okay. I saw that free first episode.

- I get it now why people think The Tick is Arthur's imagination - like in Fight Club.

- The Tick's dramatic superhero speak actually seems to work so far.

- Arthur's battle suit is actually really cool - but still corny.

I'd watch more of this to see if it comes together. Which surprises me as from the early images I didn't think I would care for this show.

:whee:

I thought the humor was flat and lacking. Came off more as sad and a little creepy. Production wise it looked, shall we say inexpensive but, not in a campy fun way. Costumes were... not good. Plus, the extensive ADR was jarring to me. A disappointing thumbs down. Not sure it can (or should) be saved without extensive changes.

Amazon Pilot Season 2016 Reviews: The Tick

The Tick

Possibly the most high-profile and seemingly audience friendly of the Amazon pilots, The Tick is the third television series to feature Ben Edlund’s nigh-invulnerable blue-suited doofus superhero. The latest incarnation sees British actor Peter Serafinowicz as the titular crime fighter, while his diminutive sidekick Arthur is played by up-and-coming actor Griffin Newman (so many Griffins in this pilot season). For his part, Serafinowicz puts on quite a show, revealing an entirely unexpected gear as an actor as the barely contained contempt for others that typically defines his characters is tossed aside to make room for a huge and delightfully manic performance that sets the tone for the entire series.

Despite the necessary grandiosity of Serafionwicz’ performance, it might be Newman who steals the show, as he quietly turns Arthur’s usual wet blanket-ness into something more fascinatingly mournful – in spite of its obvious allusions to Fight Club or Mr. Robot. This turn plays well as the series seems to be told largely from Arthur’s perspective, positioning him as a young man taking the first steps to coming to terms with the trauma of his father’s death.

Of all the pilots, The Tick is the one that played most like a typical television pilot – which is understandable considering the various introductions and backstories that had to be established – which leaves more questions about its future as a series. Still, terrific performances from Serafinowicz and Newman make it easy to say, “yes” to this one.

I do have to agree Arthur was the star of the show with the pilot.

I love the original Live action The Tick (with Warburton). I wanted to like the reboot but just could not get behind it. Didn't like Arthur or The Tick in this new one. The Tick indeed sounded like he was trying for Adam West and his naivete/innocence was just not there. The show's vibe was just too dark. It angers me the only legit way to stream the Warburton series is to pay for it via Amazon. :pullhair:

Amazon Announces New York Comic Con Schedule

cx1oMyI.png

Amazon Video New York Comic Con Schedule

- Amazon Presents Panel

Featuring Sneaky Pete’s Giovanni Ribisi and Graham Yost; The Tick’s Ben Edlund and Barry Josephson; Gale Anne Hurd; plus surprise guests and a special sneak peek at Patriot

Moderated by Jamie Hector (Bosch)

Thursday, October 6, 1:30pm

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center room 1A06

- Amazon Presents Autograph Signing

Thursday, October 6, 4:30pm

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Autographing Area Hall 1-B Table 21

Kinda shocked it got picked up. Hope the actual series is better than the pilot. Didn't know if it was trying to the be the comedy it should, or a serious story that is shouldn't. Tick was miscast, yet Arthur was good. Here's hoping!

:wishluck:

The Marvel Superhero The Tick Will Parody

Season 1 of the upcoming reboot will feature an epic Marvel superhero parody that not many of us might have expected. The Tick creator and executive producer had this to tease about what kind of comic character we should expect in the first season:

"A very, very violent vigilante character - who won't have a skull on his chest, but he will be quite hardline in his reasoning."

It should be interesting to see who The Tick casts to play its version of the Punisher. Ben Edlund went on in his chat with IGN at New York Comic Con to reveal that Patrick Warburton would appear on the new show in "a really interesting role." We can't say what the chances are that we'll get to see the original Tick himself playing a distinctly un-Tick type of character like Frank Castle, but it's guaranteed that Warburton would nail the role. He has the imposing stature to make for a believable non-superpowered vigilante as well as the comedic timing to guarantee a funny episode of television.

:o

The Marvel Superhero The Tick Will Parody

Season 1 of the upcoming reboot will feature an epic Marvel superhero parody that not many of us might have expected. The Tick creator and executive producer had this to tease about what kind of comic character we should expect in the first season:

"A very, very violent vigilante character - who won't have a skull on his chest, but he will be quite hardline in his reasoning."

It should be interesting to see who The Tick casts to play its version of the Punisher. Ben Edlund went on in his chat with IGN at New York Comic Con to reveal that Patrick Warburton would appear on the new show in "a really interesting role." We can't say what the chances are that we'll get to see the original Tick himself playing a distinctly un-Tick type of character like Frank Castle, but it's guaranteed that Warburton would nail the role. He has the imposing stature to make for a believable non-superpowered vigilante as well as the comedic timing to guarantee a funny episode of television.

:o

PUT IT IN THE HAPPY BOX!

Costume Designs for Amazon's The Tick

Professional costume illustrator Christian Cordella has updated his website with designs he created (along with Costume Designer Colleen Atwood) for Amazon's live-action reboot of The Tick. This collection includes superhero costume illustrations for the title character, Arthur, Superian, as well as two unnamed male teen and female members of The Flag Five — the superhero team that unintentionally killed Arthur's father with their aircraft after The Terror blinded them.

XYAjEL9.jpg

Tick costume redesigned. Seems to match the original show more than before.

First Look: The Tick's Redesigned Costume for TV Series Reboot

kCyr26V.png

SPOON! Peter Serafinowicz's Big Blue Bug of Justice costume has been redesigned!

as you can see below, new Tick costume Serafinowicz has been revamped quite a bit. The eye holes are larger and have a more traditional cut. The body sculpt is most smooth and cartoonish, resembling Warburton's suit but with angular designs for the faux muscles.

After the pilot debuted on Amazon's Prime Video service in August 2016, The Tick live-action reboot was officially ordered to series a month later. For awhile, there was a dearth of news on the show's progress, but all that changed over the past several weeks. We've now seen behind-the-scenes photos of the cast participating in table reads for the first four episodes and, more importantly, filming officially commenced on the first episode just four days ago.

‘The Tick': Charming First Trailer Promises “Destiny, Adventure, Blood Loss!”

At last, The Tick is here! Last August, Amazon included The Tick as part of its pilot season (its randomly occurring pilot season, I should note), where Amazon Prime members can vote on which pilots they like or don’t, determining which get made into series. Some things get greenlighted regardless, like Jill Soloway‘s I Love , which didn’t get a great viewer response to its pilot, but given Amazon’s relationship with Soloway through Transparent went ahead anyway. But The Tick received a great deal of love, and deservedly so.

The Tick is a tricky thing to convert to live-action, but Peter Serafinowicz is absolutely perfect (and hilarious) in the role in the crime-fighting duo, as is Griffin Newman as the beleaguered accountant Arthur Everest, who becomes the brains to his brawn. The Tick has always had a tongue-in-cheek tone approach to superheroes, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But if you are looking for a more irreverent and knowingly silly take on the superhero genre, The Tick is a refreshing change of pace.

The Tick‘s first season will be released in two parts, with the first six episodes becoming available on Amazon starting August 25th, while the second batch will land in 2018.