• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could only collect one character...

78 posts in this topic

If money were no problem, it would be Bats and I'm not even a DC guy.

If money was a barrier, it would be a short run character like Skull the Slayer so I could complete it.

The Skull comic was cool, but you can do better. :baiting:

I'm not a risk taker lol

If I were to be restricted to a single character, it would have to be one that has many very long runs of consistently excellent storylines coupled with excellent art, and so I pick Daredevil.

Like others, it has change over time.

When I was young 8-18 my father had lots of funny animal comics in his barbershop so I enjoyed a lot of Tom and Jerry, my name being Jerry.

When I joined the Navy and had disposable income I switched to Green Lantern cause of his name (once again) - Hal Jordan - Jordan being one of my grandparents name, so I imagined being related. :-)

Currently my favorite would have to be Batman and all his various cohorts.

Easy for me.

Jean Grey.

As a very young child, I was given UK X-Men reprints to read. As a teen, I got into comics properly and re-acquainted myself with X-Men just as Inferno was kicking off. The back story which was alluded to regarding Jeans death, cloning and rebirth was incredibly intriguing and started me off on the road of hunting down back-issues to understand the whole story. Back in those days we didn't have inter-webs and there were only a handful of TPBs and GN's. Back issue hunting was a whole different sport.

Plus red-heads are hot.

For those finding it difficult to chose a single character, just pick Wolverine or Batman. That way, you could still collect 95% of all books published since the 70's (thumbs u

Probably Superman for all the Curt Swan art-he's in multiple titles so I'd get my money's worth

Second choice Kirby FF or Thor

For me probably Wolverine. I have many of the keys, and I already have a big Uncanny Run.

2nd choice would be X-Men generally.

3rd choice if the first two weren't on the draft board probably Batman, but I reserve the right to trade-in my late round pick.