• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Feel Sorry For The FF Fans Out There

47 posts in this topic

On the flip side, I've heard that Waid and Wieringo are going to take over ASM.

That's a great fit in my opinion. Maybe Waid pull some Hypertime explanation to retcon Sins Past... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Jim

thumbsup2.gif

good idea!!!

I think the whole Sins Past deal is supposed to be further explained in Spectacular Spidey 23-26. However, I do believe that after issue 26, this series is being pulled. Go figure.

In this interview:

JMS TALKS FF

my favorite quote is:

"Oh, and to the net-heads out there who are on this 'Oh, Joe’s going to do a story where Sue tells Reed that Franklin’s really Namor’s kid', understand: I’ve written 200 TV scripts and about 100 comics scripts, and the one thing I never do is repeat myself. So y’all may be stuck on that, but I’m not. So there."

Uhm... is it just me or does Supreme Power (granted the characters were already JLA rip-offs) seem like Rising Stars... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I did love Midnight Nation though!

and not to repeat myself... Rising Stars = Supreme Power

shy.gif

In this interview:

JMS TALKS FF

my favorite quote is:

"Oh, and to the net-heads out there who are on this 'Oh, Joe’s going to do a story where Sue tells Reed that Franklin’s really Namor’s kid', understand: I’ve written 200 TV scripts and about 100 comics scripts, and the one thing I never do is repeat myself. So y’all may be stuck on that, but I’m not. So there."

I read that also. Seems to me, the Internet slamming of the Sins Past storyline has hit a nerve with JMS...

Jim

In this interview:

JMS TALKS FF

my favorite quote is:

I read that also. Seems to me, the Internet slamming of the Sins Past storyline has hit a nerve with JMS...

Jim

He probably lurks on here... 27_laughing.gif

as for Rising Stars being similar to Supreme Power, I think it is the Gary Frank art that makes you think it is more similar than it is. The main plot of RS differs by a lot IMO: RS story arc 1 is more of a murder mystery - who is responsible for the deaths of these supers. The device he uses for the origin of the charaters powers( the Pederson fireball) is different from the Supreme Power origins, mostly ripped off from DC. RS story arc two - the killer is discovered and a fight to rid themselves of the enemy within - and once again, just like with Identity Crisis, insanity is the lame reason behind it all. In RS story arc three, it reads as an epilogue - now that the superpowers know what they are, they have to figure out WHY they came to be. And JMS uses the cliched 'make the world a better place' theme - but the world doesn't want them and unites to kill the "unkillable". Supreme Power is still too early on - JMS spent too long on the origins of the characters...he's getting to the murder mystery part now...maybe we'll see it develop like RS down the road?

In this interview:

JMS TALKS FF

my favorite quote is:

Jim

I Hope plenty of nerves are being hit at Marvel over "sins past". The only other time I was ever PO'd over a comic was the baddification and death of Hal Jordan where they screwed over a character then killed him. With "sins past" JMS just went and screwed a beloved dead character. Execpt for Pov and Sterling I'm not sure many collectors/readers are into the necrophillia thingy. insane.gif

I Hope plenty of nerves are being hit at Marvel over "sins past". The only other time I was ever PO'd over a comic was the baddification and death of Hal Jordan where they screwed over a character then killed him. With "sins past" JMS just went and screwed a beloved dead character. Execpt for Pov and Sterling I'm not sure many collectors/readers are into the necrophillia thingy. insane.gif

Hey, don't forget us Avengers fans: Marvel bent us over too. Maybe we should start a support group... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What a yokel. He totally yanks his noodle over a late-60's early-70's comic book storyline, pulling the entire retcon out of his fat rear with no original reference for it at all, and then wonders why fans are angry.

At least the 1990's Clone Saga was built upon the original arc, where Spidey tossed out the test results. There was a tiny seed of doubt to build upon, but this entire "Gwen screws Norman Osborne, gets pregnant, runs off to Europe to have kids, hides them forever and then dies" stuff is just pure clap-trap puked out by a hack madman.

I am glad JMS finally got the boot from ASM and is now on FF.

He hasn't gotten the boot from ASM. The Waid/Ringo book will be a new Spider-Man title.

Now I am officially depressed.

Yes, and from what I've read, I think the new Spiderman title will be independent from the others. So there won't be any tie-ins. Much like the All-Star lines in DC coming in the summer!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

He hasn't gotten the boot from ASM. The Waid/Ringo book will be a new Spider-Man title.

Yes, and from what I've read, I think the new Spiderman title will be independent from the others......

Don't they already have that with "Ultimate"? foreheadslap.gif How many freaking ASM universes do we need?

Yes, and from what I've read, I think the new Spiderman title will be independent from the others......

Don't they already have that with "Ultimate"? foreheadslap.gif How many freaking ASM universes do we need?

They also have it (an isolated universe) with Spider-man Unlimited but I'm loving that title with lesser known writers and artists...

Well, I haven't really collected FF since 200, tho' I did pick up Annuals 14 and 15 for the Perez art.

McKone on art might be worth a look if JMS can play it straight... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just started up with FF with issue 519. Kind of an interesting twist with this power switching deal and Galactus. To me, i don't think JMS could get any more weird than what Waid is currently doing.