• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunfire & Big Hero 6

315 posts in this topic

If we're strictly talking about how these books will be valued, since when does anyone care how tightly the movie is connected to the source material? As long as people see "First appearance: Baymax" that's what they'll focus on. Look at Starlord on the cover of Marvel Previews. He looks like he should be painted on the side of a black van that is blasting Styx albums. Nothing like is in the movie.

If we're strictly talking about how these books will be valued, since when does anyone care how tightly the movie is connected to the source material? As long as people see "First appearance: Baymax" that's what they'll focus on. Look at Starlord on the cover of Marvel Previews. He looks like he should be painted on the side of a black van that is blasting Styx albums. Nothing like is in the movie.

Depends. If a kid wants the first appearance of Baymax and he sees a big green reptile instead of a white marshmallow, he might have second thoughts. That is a rather big discrepancy. It seems Disney did their own thing with this movie.

great point. I too was worried about this and GOTG seemed to go the opposite way of logic. Also look at Marvel Super Heroes 18. Nothing to do with the characters and it also spiked in price

Depends. If a kid wants the first appearance of Baymax and he sees a big green reptile instead of a white marshmallow, he might have second thoughts. That is a rather big discrepancy. It seems Disney did their own thing with this movie.

That, and Sunfire from the knowledge I have gathered is not in this movie! :o

Here is the comic book Baymax.

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

Here is the Disney movie Baymax.

256px-Baymax_Render.png

Thought I got a BIN steal on a BH6 one-shot variant. I did not. After quickly hitting the BIN button and paying, I went to review it. Ended up buying the graphic novel. D'oh!!!

Note that the review came after the purchase. Moral of the story is: Even if you think someone else will BIN before you, take the time to make sure you are getting what you think you're getting.

You think "kids" are paying $60 for a comic?

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

256px-Baymax_Render.png

Makes me wonder if people even open up comic books anymore.

In Sunfire and Big Hero Six Baymax is a Robot ( normally disgused in a suit and hat to look human) that can TURN INTO the above pictured dragon version of Baymax. That is not his normal form.

Ok folks, this is the deal.

Sunfire and Big Hero six # 1 (Released September 1998) is the first appearance of Big Hero Six. Period. There is no debate. You can debate the likeness to the movie if you wish, however this is the first appearance of the name of the team and most of the main team members.

--First appearance of Hiro ( Last named changed in the movie, I guess it was too Asian /shrug ) Main character ( antagonist )

--First appearance of Honey Lemon ( in movie )

--First appearance of Go Go Tomago ( in movie )

--First appearance of Baymax ( Robot synthformer that is normally in humanoid form but can change into a dragon for " Fighting" ) In movie.

Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 2 ( Released October 1998 ) Second appearance.

Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 3 ( released November 1998 ) Third appearance.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 16 ( released Novebmer 1998) Cameo of Honey lemon and an out of story ad announcing Big hero Six will appear in the next issue.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 17 ( released December 1998 ) 4th appearance. Yes this is the 4th appearance. It was rumored this was the first appearance for some reason, but its not and never has been. Stop wasting your money on this book. It came out 3 months after Sunfire and big hero six # 1.It has been said that Marvel intended to release Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 1 the same month as Alpha Flight # 17 to have some crossover appeal to sell more books. This never happened.

Thunderbolts # 25 ( released April 1999 ) 5th appearance.

Big Hero Six ( 2008 series ) # 1 This is the Chris Claremont Mini series. This is the same team, Claremont just adds much better writing and origins to the story. ( why some people are saying its different is beyond me, its not ) This book is important as it introduces two new team members.

--First appearance of Wasabi ( In movie )

--First appearance of Fred AKA Fredzilla ( In movie )

Sunfire and Big hero six # 1 is the first appearance. It is the " Book to have". Big hero Six # 1 from 2008 is the next most important with two new character introductions. The Variant copy of # 1 ( 2008 ) Is the book to chase as it will probably always be worth more than the first appearance due to its rarity.

The premise of the comics and the movie are quite similar, except that Baymax is a silly house robot servant ( for that movie hyjinx laughter ) in the movie, Instead of a "tough" fighting robot created by Hiro in the comics. He does however attempt to make Baymax into one ( based on the trailers ).

Sunfire and Big Hero six # 1 (Released September 1998) is the first appearance of Big Hero Six. Period. There is no debate. You can debate the likeness to the movie if you wish, however this is the first appearance of the name of the team and most of the main team members.

--First appearance of Hiro ( Last named changed in the movie, I guess it was too Asian /shrug ) Main character ( antagonist )

--First appearance of Baymax ( Robot synthformer that is normally in humanoid form but can change into a dragon for " Fighting" ) In movie.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 16 ( released Novebmer 1998) Cameo of Honey lemon and an out of story ad announcing Big hero Six will appear in the next issue.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 17 ( released December 1998 ) 4th appearance. Yes this is the 4th appearance. It was rumored this was the first appearance for some reason, but its not and never has been. Stop wasting your money on this book. It came out 3 months after Sunfire and big hero six # 1.It has been said that Marvel intended to release Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 1 the same month as Alpha Flight # 17 to have some crossover appeal to sell more books. This never happened.

Big Hero Six ( 2008 series ) # 1 This is the Chris Claremont Mini series. This is the same team, Claremont just adds much better writing and origins to the story. ( why some people are saying its different is beyond me, its not ) This book is important as it introduces two new team members.

Sunfire and Big hero six # 1 is the first appearance. It is the " Book to have". Big hero Six # 1 from 2008 is the next most important with two new character introductions. The Variant copy of # 1 ( 2008 ) Is the book to chase as it will probably always be worth more than the first appearance due to its rarity.

The premise of the comics and the movie are quite similar, except that Baymax is a silly house robot servant ( for that movie hyjinx laughter ) in the movie, Instead of a "tough" fighting robot created by Hiro in the comics. He does however attempt to make Baymax into one ( based on the trailers ).

this post is pretty accurate, I agree with most of what is being said in it. Sunfire and Big Hero is the legit first appearance, AF17 is a board hyped book. Sunfire and Big Hero is somewhat akin to MSH#18 a la Guardians, with the 2008 BH series being the one that the movie is most based on, like the modern guardians series to the Guardians movie characters.

Here is a legit comparison picture of baymax to that series, only significant difference is color (green to red).

BH6.jpg

I have every book mentioned in the list above, and the Variant of 2008 is the one I know I wont part with, so I agree in action with silver dreams valuations. My copy of the variant was bought in 2012 from midtown online and was the only copy they had at that time (MCS had none).

Thanks for clearing up the confusion! (thumbs u

One thing that still needs be to be cleared up is

Sunfire in this movie or not? hm

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

256px-Baymax_Render.png

In Sunfire and Big Hero Six Baymax is a Robot ( normally disgused in a suit and hat to look human) that can TURN INTO the above pictured dragon version of Baymax. That is not his normal form.

To be fair. I am sure 95 percent of CGC board members have never read a

Big Hero 6 comic book or have a clue as to who they are. GOTG even with it`s obscurity with comic book fans still had some familiarity. Rocket Raccoon, Star Lord and Drax were somewhat known. Ask 100 CGC board members who Baymax is? Most won`t know or have a clue who the character is.This Big Hero Six is a bigger sleeper,then GOTG.

I myself am looking forward to this because of the trailer,and Disney`s good track record. (thumbs u

Sunfire and Big Hero 6 # 1 is the book I will keep. Let the speculators chase the variant. IMO it will never rise above the first appearance.

No

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=55639&page=article

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

256px-Baymax_Render.png

I already stated I know nothing about these comic books, and I'm only going on what I have seen in the trailer of the movie. But if that White fat thing turns into a green dragon...I dunno :screwy:

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

256px-Baymax_Render.png

Big Hero 6 comic book or have a clue as to who they are. GOTG even with it`s obscurity with comic book fans still had some familiarity. Rocket Raccoon, Star Lord and Drax were somewhat known. Ask 100 CGC board members who Baymax is? Most won`t know or have a clue who the character is.This Big Hero Six is a bigger sleeper,then GOTG.

I myself am looking forward to this because of the trailer,and Disney`s good track record. (thumbs u

I agree that most wouldn't know, and I also admit that I was a bit harsh with my statement. Personally however, I wouldn't post anything without being pretty sure that what im posting is correct. That is what bothered me.

I have seen nothing that indicates he is in the movie.

Baymax_(Earth-616).png

256px-Baymax_Render.png

I agree that most wouldn't know, and I also admit that I was a bit harsh with my statement. Personally however, I wouldn't post anything without being pretty sure that what im posting is correct. That is what bothered me.

If this turns big,then the breakout character from my limited knowledge of them looks like Baymax.

Would we agree?

Baymax = Rocket Raccoon in popularity if the movie is a hit?