• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 or Tec 27

Action 1 or Tec 27  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Action 1 or Tec 27

74 posts in this topic

60+ age group, Action #1.

The first super hero comic book I bought from the news stand was Action Comics #215, in 1956. Didn't get a Detective Comic until that summer (#235).

I still like Superman better. I buy comic books to read (dig my sig) ;)

I think I'd like the Action 1 based on it's history but if I were picking based on character I'd easily take the Tec 27
that's how I voted. But if it came down to it, I think I'd pick history.

+1

I also like that Action 1 includes the origin, has a longer Supes story than the Batman story in Tec 27 (13 pages vs. 6 pages), and IMO the Action 1 cover is more iconic than the Tec 27 cover. Put the origin story in Tec 27 and replace the cover with that of Tec 31 and it would be a much tougher choice for me...

No, probably not (or at least not much), but for me personally, such things do contribute to some small degree to my preference of Action #1 over Tec #27 (assuming I can't pick both).

If we can pick both, the debate is over, right? I can't imagine anyone turning down that kind of offer :grin:

No, probably not (or at least not much), but for me personally, such things do contribute to some small degree to my preference of Action #1 over Tec #27 (assuming I can't pick both).

If we can pick both, the debate is over, right? I can't imagine anyone turning down that kind of offer :grin:

Very true. :grin:

For almost as long as I can remember I wanted a Detective 27 not and action 1. I got my Detective a few years ago and even with all the books I have owned I have never had the massive desire to get an Action 1. I understand the historical aspect of the book etc but it just doesn't do it for me. People complain about the Tec 27 cover, but I have always like it a great deal.

I am just under 40 and to me it will always be detective 27 regardless of movies or anything else.

James G

For almost as long as I can remember I wanted a Detective 27 not and action 1. I got my Detective a few years ago and even with all the books I have owned I have never had the massive desire to get an Action 1. I understand the historical aspect of the book etc but it just doesn't do it for me. People complain about the Tec 27 cover, but I have always like it a great deal.

I am just under 40 and to me it will always be detective 27 regardless of movies or anything else.

James G

this ...

BATMAN

The voting results so far are very interesting... And underscore the fluid nature of collecting. Clearly based on the voting, there is a change in the works from older collectors to younger guys... And Desire for Tec 27 is pulling ahead. I'm very surprised, as like so many of us, I'd assumed that the order was fixed for good, but Batmans continued fervent popularity compared the the Big Boy Scout's tepid following could see Tec 27 supplanting Action 1 someday, for good.

The voting results so far are very interesting... And underscore the fluid nature of collecting. Clearly based on the voting, there is a change in the works from older collectors to younger guys... And Desire for Tec 27 is pulling ahead. I'm very surprised, as like so many of us, I'd assumed that the order was fixed for good, but Batmans continued fervent popularity compared the the Big Boy Scout's tepid following could see Tec 27 supplanting Action 1 someday, for good.

The appollonian light of superman and his unworldly goodness happened to cast a shaddow. I guess thats why later Frank Miller picked up the insight that a knight can emerge from darkness (to wage a war on darkness).

Thus the saving power - the new force - for our time comes from the shaddow. (thumbs u

I've been told that once upon a time Prince Valiant and Tarzan beat both....just what I've heard,but in the 1970s these(Action,Detective) were not the most sought after.

And my vote would have leaned towards Marvel #1.....no mention of that lil book today really.

I've been told that once upon a time Prince Valiant and Tarzan beat both....just what I've heard,but in the 1970s these(Action,Detective) were not the most sought after.

And my vote would have leaned towards Marvel #1.....no mention of that lil book today really.

Marvel #1 is by far my favorite GA key but Action #1 to me is the money book.

Marvel #1 is by far my favorite GA key but Action #1 to me is the money book.

+ 1

At different points Four Color 9 and Marvel were the most sought after and valuable comics. And other oddball books too the further you go back, so its not entirely surprising the order at the top could be still evolving.

But its been 30 years with Superman on top of Batman for #1 position (in a GOOD way!) that it feels like this will be the final ordering to many of us. we shall see. I'm 30 years maybe GROOT will be on top!?

At different points Four Color 9 and Marvel were the most sought after and valuable comics. And other oddball books too the further you go back, so its not entirely surprising the order at the top could be still evolving.

But its been 30 years with Superman on top of Batman for #1 position (in a GOOD way!) that it feels like this will be the final ordering to many of us. we shall see. I'm 30 years maybe GROOT will be on top!?

I am Groot?

P5SkXYi.gif